Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: May have found the perfect dock shooting rod

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default May have found the perfect dock shooting rod

Went to basspro today christmas shopping and wound up buying more for myself than others LOL. Anyway found this little Graphite Medium rod and thought it might shoot docks well.

Bass Pro ShopsŪ 3' Graphite Series Spinning Rod | Bass Pro Shops

Iv been out in the garage for the past hour shooting it with great accuracy and can easily shoot it 40 feet with a 1/16th ounce jig.
    Cant wait to get it out to the lake. Iv been using a 4'6" Crappie Maxx rod for the past 2 years and dearly love it but this little jewel might take its place. I don't care for long rods when shooting docks.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw pics of the "doorbusters" yesterday, don't think I can stand the stress of the stores this time of year.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skeet the doorbusters must have been at home asleep, the crowd wasn't bad at all today.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Diawa also has the triforce shorty (similar price). I am pretty sure both it and the BPS rod are just ice fishing rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused but I get that way easily. I to have begun dock shooting more thanks to Genec who I would consider the Master of DockShooting. What length rod did u get at bps u like so much?
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiegirl1 View Post
    I'm a little confused but I get that way easily. I to have begun dock shooting more thanks to Genec who I would consider the Master of DockShooting. What length rod did u get at bps u like so much?
    Cg1 ... the link shows a 3 foot long rod, of which ~1ft is handle.

Shortest rod I use for dock shooting is 5' ... and I use rods up to 6'6" ... biggest reason is for taking up slack on the hookset. I like to set the hook "fast", rather than "hard" ... and use the least amount of arm movement possible. The shorter the rod, the more arm needed to make up for the lack of rod length, in order to get a good hookset ... especially at any distance.

... cp

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep buyin and reportin. Saves me money.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie girl,how are you doing? Vic down there now,I still like a 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 rod ,get more distant.The short rods are for getting all in the docks with them ,our docks are not made like that
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Hope u r getting well every day. Would like to have somr.one in one lessons if u get well to come south this winter. Tell your better half hello
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a difference the way docks are built here compared to there?
    CG1 "Dances with fish"