Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman

Has anyone hit Truman lately? I have been so consumed with my sons soccer that there is no such thing as free time! Two more weeks and it will be time for some duck whackage and slabs! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default not lately

I was there about 3 weeks ago and my buddy was there last weekend. Noone was catching fish last weekend and one of the bucksaw guides, richard bowling, told my buddy he was wasting his time. 3 weeks ago you could catch limits if you wanted to work at it. They were 15 - 18 deep in cedar trees next to channel dropoffs. Marvin, another guide there, said that he loses them for about 2 weeks this time of year.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The best Truman fishing of the year is just around the corner.

It won't be long until you can go to Truman, have the whole lake to yourself and catch a limit (15) of nice crappie in 3-4 hours. Late November to February is GREAT on Truman.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd
    It won't be long until you can go to Truman, have the whole lake to yourself and catch a limit (15) of nice crappie in 3-4 hours. Late November to February is GREAT on Truman.
    ts=
    The upper arms of the lake maybe.Around the dam I have boats all over me when I start to catch fish even when it is in the 30's.

It is always good on Truman beets working.
    I can not help ya I have not been on Truman in a couple weeks.
    The fish a couple weeks ago in the upper arms were in the channels and points suspended and tight lipped.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 10-19-2006 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoy the Late fall and Winter fishing on Truman. Where I fish there is also VERY few boats around. :D