Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: very few fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default very few fish

Went out yesterday to falls lake and fished for about 7 hours but didn't manage to keep but 2 nice ones from the 20 or so I caught. Water temp was 64 and it was dead calm when I started maybe that was the problem...i dunno, fished with minnows only right off the bottom from Hwy 50 bridge to Rolling View Marina, and ended up all the way @ Cheek Rd. bridge,now that was a scary ride with all the depth changes but thanks to the Hotmap and the gps I managed to stay in the channel. I started last year trying to learn these fish and I guess you say I need a little better setup, rods etc.... than what I have. I running with a super sixty and need to put that in the garage and buy a LCD so I can mark brush piles while cruising. I talked to Lowrance yesterday and he imformed me that there having a problem with the WAAS sat. and they should be up and working by the end of the month, just thought I'd pass that on. I'm new to the forum and enjoy reading all post that can improve my fishing! Thanks to everyone..oh yeah conditions yesterday

Moonrise @ 4:04am
    Moonset @ 5:01pm
    11% waning
    Wind: Southwest at 3 MPH
    Humidity: 93%
    Dewpoint: 66°F
    Barometer: 29.86 inches and rising
    Wind: Southwest at 4 KPH
    Humidity: 93%
    Dewpoint: 18°C
    Barometer: 1011 millibars and rising
    Sunrise: 7:23 am
    Sunset: 6:34 pm
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim:

When our surface temps are falling through the low 60's in the Fall we usually find crappie on top of the drop-offs and farther up the creek arms and catch them from 8 to 12-feet deep. They're a lot more aggressive during this period as well. They usually don't go back into deeper water until the surface temps get down into the lower 50s. Our surface temps are still hanging pretty close to 70-degrees and we're still having to fish 12 to 18-feet deep but the weather is supposed to cool off considerably so I expect the crappie to move up and start hitting a lot better.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com