Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&M Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M Rods

Well I picked the wife up 2 of the B&M SAM Heaton rods today for Christmas. There the same as I bought a few weeks ago. Then they were $46.88 marked down to $32.00. But today they had them for $25.00. I think they had 7 left. And if they mark them down again I may buy the rest of them. :D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Well I picked the wife up 2 of the B&M SAM Heaton rods today for Christmas. There the same as I bought a few weeks ago. Then they were $46.88 marked down to $32.00. But today they had them for $25.00. I think they had 7 left. And if they mark them down again I may buy the rest of them. :D
    Pete
    Hey Pete:

At that price I think my wife could use a couple and she doesn't even fish!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Pete:

At that price I think my wife could use a couple and she doesn't even fish!
    Jerry our Wal-MArt has them on sale. Along with a bunch of other ones. Now if she stops in there tomorrow and comes home with some of them for my as a for Christmas also we will have 6 of them..
    She asked if they had marked them down anymore. And I told her they were $25.00. But I did not pick up any of them toddy...HEHEH

PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Default sam heaton

ShilohRed, What was the length of the rods you got on sale??
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete:

Our Walmart stores here don't carry B&M poles anymore. They used to have some 11-foot Buck's Graphite Jig Poles but that's been several years ago.

Do the ones your getting have the cork handles? I'm used to my foam handle and the cork just doesn't feel the same. I run the line lightly through my index and middle finger anyway so I'm feeling the bite from the line and not the pole so cork probably isn't an advantage for me. I would sure like to find a couple of the older Sam Heatons that have the foam handles.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default jerry

Have you tried any of the Wally Marshall rods? Most of the ones I have seen have foam handles except for his signature series, that are cork. I really prefer the cork even though I sometimes hold the line with my index finger also.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Piginthepigpen:

I had an older 12' BPS Wally Marshall Signature Series and it seemed tip heavy, probably because it had a lot more eyes than the B&Ms.

I think if I used the cork for a while I would get used to it. The foam on my older Sam Heaton has conformed somewhat to my hand and just feels a lot more comfortable than my new one with cork.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry

I have also noticed that the Marshall's have more eyes than the Heaton's.
    I wish a company could take both rods and roll them up into one to make the ultimate crappie rod. From my experience the Marshall rods are a lot more durable and the Heaton rods are little more sensitive ans balanced.
    Does that 12' Marshall rod you have, have cork handles??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foam Handles

Yes Jerry, the B'n'M's has foam Handles on the Jig Poles. I like the foam handles too and it helps me keep my grips better when its wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I have also noticed that the Marshall's have more eyes than the Heaton's.
    I wish a company could take both rods and roll them up into one to make the ultimate crappie rod. From my experience the Marshall rods are a lot more durable and the Heaton rods are little more sensitive ans balanced.
    Does that 12' Marshall rod you have, have cork handles??
    No, it was one of the older models from several years ago. I gave it to Lee Roy my mentor after I started use the Sam Heaton. They're using different blanks now for the Wally Marshal rods and I haven't seen them yet.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast