Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a simple thank you enough?

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Is a simple thank you enough?

This is a thread about a true American hero and what we can do to honor him. I ask all C.c members to look at this and help out anyway you can.

Some of us have seen a video posted by Skip Nantz, known to us as Skiptomylu. This video is about his son SFC(R) Randy Nantz. He is not your usual guy. He is extraordinary and wanted nothing more in life than to be a Green Beret, a protector of us all. He worked harder than most would ever be able too, and at an age much older than most of his comrades he made his calling come true. He proved to all skeptics that he was born to do this job. He proved what human desire and hard work can accomplish. He is a Green Beret.

View his video to see what fate dealt this hero. Then hopefully you will understand my passion for wanting to honor him. As fate would have it, he was dealt a blow that could have downed him. But he has the DNA of a patriot, this is a man who would not be counted out. He simply saw new challenges to face, and he faced them head on. He was retired from the uniform, but found a way to continue his personal contact with it. He now works for the Green Beret Foundation. There he interacts in the lives of his comrades, all heroes. There he still represents.

Is a simple thank you enough? We have many veteran's on this sight. Please all of you and all members, take time to watch the video. Then go to the link for donations to the Green Beret Foundation and donate in his honor. Any amount will matter, and donations are tax deductable. A drop down tab has been added to the "donate to" box that says "Honor SFC(R) Randy Nantz/ C.c. Click on this and we will be able to track and update our C.c member donations. Please represent.

Green Beret Foundation Donations are done through Common Grounds Secure Servers:
    https://secure.commonground.convio.c...eret/donation/

Also, please add any thanks and words or encouragement to this thread, Randy will visit it from time to time.

He is an American Hero, a protector of us all, a Green Beret. He is SFC(R) Randy Nantz

Thanks Skip for sharing this video, thanks to the GBF for your gracious help, and thanks Slab for all you do.

I chose this time to launch this on purpose, as it is a time of Thanksgiving. I know Holidays add an extra financial burden, but buy a few less baits, skip a fishing trip, buy one less present and donate. Thank you, Daniel Pisani USAF 73-77
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your service SFC Randy Nantz.......May God Bless

David Shands USN , Patrol Squadron Nine 67-71
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great cause, please make a donation.

I will also make a donation on behalf of Crappie.com.
    For every 2014 Calendar I sell I will donate a dollar to the fund (I have 1000 calendars): Two 2014 Crappie.com Calendars

This is the text caption for the Youtube video above. I thought I'd copy it here.

Published on Nov 22, 2013
    SFC Randy Nantz enlisted in the Army after 9/11/01. After completing basic training at Fort Benning, GA, he reported to 3rd Infantry Division located at Fort Stewart, GA. In January of 2003, SFC Nantz deployed to Kuwait to prepare for the Iraq invasion. After the initial phase of Iraq was over, he redeployed back home August 25, 2003. He then went to SFAS, Special Forces selection course in January of 2004 and successfully graduated as a Communications Sergeant March in 2006. SFC Nantz reported to 5th Special Forces Group Airborne and deployed to Iraq in August 2006. On Dec. 22nd of 2006 his vehicle was hit by an EFP which is a devastating roadside bomb. SFC Nantz sustained traumatic injuries that resulted in 22% 3rd degree burns, large muscle tissue loss, and severe nerve damage which ultimately led to a lower left leg amputation.

This video is part of the Green Beret Foundation's "Everyday Heroes in the Special Forces Community" video series about Green Berets and their family members. The videos share the story of these heroes' military service and their work in their communities as they come home from war.

Learn more about the Green Beret Foundation: www.greenberetfoundation.org

Don't forget, you can donate here:

When you donate chose "Honor SFC(R) Randy Nantz/ C.c." in the drop down.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

dont ferget
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Danny for pointing us in this direction. A SPECIAL thanks to all who served. It is a privilege to be able to donate to this cause and one I'm not passing up on.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you SFC(R) Randy Nantz for the many sacrifices you've had to endure to keep us safe. You are a real hero in my eyes. May God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your service SFC Randy Nantz! I have never had the honor of meeting you but I have met your dad and talked to him numerous times and he is a great man. Seems only natural that you would be a great man also! Thanks again!!!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sgt. Nantz for your dedication, loyalty and service to our country....you are a great American sir....it is an honor for me just to be able to speak to you....it is your kind of spirit that has enabled us to live in a free and powerful nation for all these years....may God Bless you and your family.....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that in one day I took 13 orders for the Calendars, and since there are 2 calenders in each order we have $26 going towards the fund. That's great for one day guys and gals, lets keep it going: Two 2014 Crappie.com Calendars

I have no way of knowing what you all donated directly to the fund. Hopefully in a couple weeks we'll get an idea of what that is so we have an idea of how much we helped. Thanks everyone for helping out such a heroic man and great foundation:

Learn more about the Green Beret Foundation: www.greenberetfoundation.org

Don't forget, you can donate here:

When you donate choose "Honor SFC(R) Randy Nantz/ C.c." in the drop down.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Although the calendar donation is nice, I'd rather have you all donate directly to the Green Beret Foundation in the name of Randy: https://secure.commonground.convio.c...eret/donation/

Anything you can donate will certainly help these great soldiers that put their lives on the line for our freedom.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast