Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanksgiving Traditions

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving Traditions

Probably not supposed to be here, but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving thought I would post it. I just wanted to know what everyone does for Thanksgiving. Everyone has their own things they do...some change over time, some have been the same for years on end...but I think we all share one common thing, being Thankful.

Whatever you do, big or small, please share.

We nomally get up and around and used to watch Macys parade but we turned our TV off due to the things the kids can see. After this we would go to my in-laws for lunch....eat ALOT. Then head to my nanas for supper....eat ALOT. Then to my parents house....eat a little more. Then home miserable because of all we ate...but BOY was it good at the time. LOL. We put up our Christmas decorations during the Thanksgiving holidays also. Our family does this together. Its a great time.

Our meals are typically the normal stuff. Although my parents have strayed before, which was fine with me. Normally by the time we get there we are ready for something different.

Mainly LOTS of family and even MORE eating.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Thanksgiving day but the day after…We use to always crappie fish the Friday after.

Now I have to Work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Not Thanksgiving day but the day after…We use to always crappie fish the Friday after.

Now I have to Work!
    I would like to start that if the water would stay open, maybe even Thanksgiving morning.

Safe travels and good times to everyone this week.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Always remember hunting something with Dad the day after Thanksgiving. Sometimes it was pheasant or rabbit or even bear a couple years. He's been gone for a decade or so now but I'll never forget the anxious feeling about heading out for the big one with a cooler full of turkey with mayo sandwiches the friday after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving is my favorite because it's all about family (and when I say family, I mean friends too!) and fellowship. For several years, we camped out every Thanksgiving and either went to the lodge to eat or smoked a turkey at camp. Our family isn't that large and is pretty spread out so we get together with friends and family both. We do NOT do the Friday shopping thing!! My aunt and uncle are coming down from MO this year and while Mom and my aunt shop, Paul and I are taking Unc to the indoor range to play!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm for smoked turkey whether it is Thanksgiving or not.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

We always go to the mountains the first weekend after and cut our Christmas tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Use to Duck hunt with a friend every thanksgiving morning. No matter how bad the weather was. That lasted about 10 years. Then it changed to crappie fishing with my brother the day before thanksgiving. Had a good 7 year run with that. No matter how bad the weather was. I messed that up this year. So maybe a new tradition is in store. This year I vow to drink to much and, eat to much. No matter how bad the weather is.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I'm for smoked turkey whether it is Thanksgiving or not.
    I'll smoke you one between now and Christmas!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Vonna, aren't they hard to keep lit?

I have, for a lot of years, tried to begin Thanksgiving day in the woods or on the water. Face it guys, we just get underfoot around the house, or get to do somethin fun like peel spuds or wash beans or whatever. The crack of dawn finds me in pursuit of something that doesn't want to meet me and I do my best to get em home for dinner. Wimmins sleep late, start the feast prep, and I show up about 10 or 11 and I'm good. Don't know what's in store for the mornin but it aint watchin fooball!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around