Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Lights!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Lights!

I was wondering if it would work if I rig up two 12-volt lights with 55-watt bulbs and attach them to a bar that can be mounted on front of boat and plugged into the trolling motor receptacle. Then when leaving the lake at night I would have sufficient docking light???

Post Thanks / Like

one 55 watt bulb would do. Just stick in a regular 110 home recept in the boat, and connect that to your battery with a fusible link. Then, you can just plug in the light when you need it. I have two recepts in my boat for clamp lights. Much better than wearing out your trolling plug in by excessive use.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 10-18-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night lights

I have 40 watt light on a pole that is about 7 or 8 feet up in the air that I have on when I'm night fishing the plug is a 110. Works great I can see all around in the boat.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the exact setup you are talking about on my 14 foot jon boat. I have the lights turned slightly outward maybe 5 degrees and you can see great. Mine are mounted low on the front so you can see any obstacle even floating trash. grizzly
    Most people call them green onions, but they are really ---------?????

Post Thanks / Like

Utility light with aluminum reflector and spring clamp from walmart ($5.95)...50 watt 12v standard base RV bulb from walmart $1.79 (in the RV sub section of the automotive dept.) Lowes also has the RV bulbs but they are priced at over $4 each!
    Cut the 110 plug off the cord...rig up alligator clips and an inline fuse on the pos. wire...either wire can be positive.
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper
    one 55 watt bulb would do. Just stick in a regular 110 home recept in the boat, and connect that to your battery with a fusible link. Then, you can just plug in the light when you need it. I have two recepts in my boat for clamp lights. Much better than wearing out your trolling plug in by excessive use.
    That's a great idea...using the 110 recepticles!...would make for a nice, neat, tangle-free setup. You could even put a switch in the box.
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 110 plugs for inside lights also replace the alligator clips on your floating lights and use the 110 plugs and attached 2 boxes under the plywood rod rack i made between the seats on my jon boat and run the wires to battery for night fishing works great wires are out of the way

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone post some pictures of how to rig this setup? I am not electrcial inclined also how long would a battery last with these?
    thanks stephen

Post Thanks / Like

can anybody help?

Post Thanks / Like

if you would like an easy fix for some inside lights that wont drain your battery check out these from lobbybaits http://www.lobybaits.com/hotdeals/hotdeals.htm

tell him crappieday sent you,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast