PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Boat Repair Board

jhook
10-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm curious if anyone here every belonged to the Aluminum Boat Repair Board and what happened to it? It simply stopped functioning several months ago and disappeared.

guest01
10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
I must have missed that board, but I would like to see it up. got a few questions of my own from time to time

Slipcork
10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
What do want to know about boat repair? Know a few people that do it and have about 4 boat companies close by.

TwainGang
10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Yup- I used to frequent that board every now and then. I noticed it was locked down a while back. don't know anything more, but it came in handy a couple of times.

willsjwills
10-19-2006, 05:06 AM
i can probably help with any repair of aluminum boats or pontoons for folks that have problems with them. i have over 40 years behind me making boats for namely, Yazoo. Terry-Bass, Tracker, Starcraft, and now Triton Aluminum Boats. not much can happen to an aluminum boat that i haven't seen. i would hate to see a fisherman with a problem with his or her boat and had no place to go for help. i

i would be more than happy to help anyone in whatever way possible .;) ;)

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

jhook
10-19-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't have any boat repair needs. It was a good board with a lot discussion about boats, repair, various methods of installation of equipment and a lot of "how to". I was just curious if anyone knew what happened it to it. It was up for years and always active, then one day "poof" it was gone.

weldcraft
10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
i would love to see the board back up...i have a few questions myself and finding someone around the house that welds aluminum has been about as fruitful as G W seeking a third term in the white house.