Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For you jiggers

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For you jiggers

I've never seen anyone mention this reel. Wonder if its any good?
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

IBN....I've never seen or heard of it either, but I like the features that were mentioned....especially the one that operates with a button that remembers how much line is out. That could be handy. I've always been a bit leery about Zebco, when I think of that name, all I see is the old closed face standard that we all learned how to fish with. Served it's purpose, though. Isn't Quantam a Zebco subsidiary? The Quantam brand is now recognized as one of the best in the affordable line, if memory serves. Are you thinking about buying one?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the reel i have on my Sam Heaton. If you go to Ed's Teezur Tourney story you will see Leroy with my pole and a good pic of the reel. It is under articles at the top of the page. It has the green hi-vis 6lb. ironsilk on it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're thinking about buying one, consider buying it through the link to it on Crappie.com. Crappie.com will receive a small commision. Here's the link:

Bass Pro Shop stuff via Crappie.com

There's that darn "edhead" again, always thinkin of a way to make a buck!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    If you're thinking about buying one, consider buying it through the link to it on Crappie.com. Crappie.com will receive a small commision. Here's the link:

Bass Pro Shop stuff via Crappie.com

There's that darn "edhead" again, always thinkin of a way to make a buck!
    I'm not into jigging but I thought that was kinda unique.
    BTW, there is nothing wrong in trying to make a buck.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default fatboy...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Thats the reel i have on my Sam Heaton. If you go to Ed's Teezur Tourney story you will see Leroy with my pole and a good pic of the reel. It is under articles at the top of the page. It has the green hi-vis 6lb. ironsilk on it.

Big J.......I'm looking for another reel. Tell me what you think about yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big J:

I don't think that is the same reel. The ones I got from Grizzly Jig for the Sam Heatons are Tica Cetus reels and I don't think they have the stop for setting depth/line out.

The pole Lee Roy has in the picture is the one I kept. I don't think we even got your pole out so it was a virgin when you got it.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

My bad Jerry. I thought that was the same one.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I saw someone mention Zebco reels and it kinda sounded like he looked down on Zebco stuff. I would bet there has been more crappie caught with Zebco 33 reels than all of the rest of the crappie reels put together. I personally see nothing wrong with using Zebco reels for crappie fishing, they work and are very user friendly. I buy my Zebco 33's at yard sales for $5 with a good rod attached. I see no need to see how much money I can spend on fancier stuff when a person can catch all the crappies he wants with a Zebco if he knows how and where to fish for crappies. I found out early it is not how fancy of equipment you have, it is how well you fish the equipment you have. I bought my wife a real nice ultralite Zebco rod and reel that was on sale at the Catfish Connection a couple of months ago. She is real small and never used a rod and reel before and I know she will have alot of fun catching crappie with it. She has allowed me to buy all of the equipment for my boat it will take to find the crappie next spring. I plan on making a movie with my digital camcorder and putting it on a DVD of Frances Gail catching big crappie using her Zebco rod and reel. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I've never seen anyone mention this reel. Wonder if its any good?
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
    This looks real simular to the Wally Marshall signature reels - just in blue instead of green - as for zebco products I have been using the micro trigger spins for some time now and I could not ask for anything to work any better for the money - I like my Wally Marshall reels also and I will try a couple of these reels to see how I like them too
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast