Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCC question for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Question RCC question for you.

What boat do you have now? Is it an Excel? What model? I am considering getting a new boat since Amelea is getting old enough to fish, I know it wont be long 'til Kristen and Amelea will be wanting to both go fishing with me, so need something besides the stick steer that can fish three out of. Don't have to worry about trying to fish four since Angela doesn't fish, but Kristen loves to and I am sure Amelea will also. I have looked at everything from DuraCraft, WarEagle, Lowe, Excel, G3, Xpress, Alumacraft, Tracker, Ranger, and Triton. Right now it is a toss up in my mind between H17PFC, an Excel 1754 Crappie, and a War Eagle 761 Blackhawk. Kinda' leaning towards a War Eagle to get a Evinude 115 since I have had such good luck with my current Evinrude.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my express crappie edition

Post Thanks / Like

I think he has a Meatgetter edition War Eagle.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbowhunter View Post
    Love my express crappie edition
    What engine is on your Xpress and how has the boat and motor held up for you? My Dad and his partner had a 1542 Xpress with a 25 Merc on it for over 20 years and they liked it.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    I think he has a Meatgetter edition War Eagle.
    OK, let me show my ignorance, what is a "Meatgetter" edition?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gzrglide View Post
    OK, let me show my ignorance, what is a "Meatgetter" edition?
    Read the two old threads. One of them shows the War Eagle pretty good and how he rigged it.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    Read the two old threads. One of them shows the War Eagle pretty good and how he rigged it.
    Thanks for the bumps on the threads, I found the rigging thread, but not the new boat thread. I looked at the rigging thread and the picture showing how Randall built the mount for his 998, that lid on the compartment is what made me think he had an Excel, either a 1860 Crappie or a 1754 Crappie. I looked and haven't found a War Eagle with that type of lid on the bow. Looking at the Excel site, it looks like the pedestals on both the 1754 and the 1860 are spaced far enough apart that you could fish three on that front deck. Decisions, Decisions, guess I will just have to keep looking, eventually I will find the boat that has everything I want. But I really like this layout...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say for sure, but I think Randell has an Excel 1860. I know it's the boat I will buy when I get the money saved up. Trust me, it's got everything you need for crappie fishing. Not sure about fishing three wide cause I don't think the seats would turn if you put three of them up there.
    My wife keeps saying I never listen to her....... or something like that!

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the delay posting. Had an epic reply but the pc got hosed. I'll try to be semi-brief. My Excel is and 1860 vsc. The CRSC is the fishing edition and is probably a bit more fisherman friendly. I would be concerned about the fuel/battery compartment. I wonder how much room is in the CRSC if you need to add another batter for dragging cranks...not necessary, but something to consider. Excel if the more narrow of the boats with the same size bottom. On a 60 inch boat the War Eagle is 2 inches wider and the Express is 8 inches wider. Excel and War Eagle may use thicker aluminum than the Express. Any one of these boats with a 115 will be a bullet. My requirements for a boat were as follows...

1. Low front deck
    2. Front live well
    3. Accessory rail.

The War Eagle and the the Excel met those and I found the Excel at a steal of a price. The best thing to give you an idea would be to load up with me and fish from and run mine. It will run 32 with just about any load, but does touch the rev limiter. The Black Hawk may be the king of aluminum fishing boats, but you can't go wrong with any that you've mentioned. I would suggest going to the 18 foot if you buy an Excel. BRM suggested this and he was absolutely spot on. Meatgetter has lots more fishing hours in the Excel and I think he is still pleased with his.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 115hp yami 4 stroke and boat is awesome ride and dry. Also held up good so far.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast