Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacks & Whites... and a Bonehead day :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blacks & Whites... and a Bonehead day :-)

Sometimes it’s best when your plans don't happen how you envisioned. Since watching the weather early this week, I took Wednesday off since the weekend looked cold/wet/windy here in north Texas. I had planned on spider rigging my home lake, but all my buddies had to work so I kept calling around. Turned out to be not what I expected, but a blessed day instead!

I ended up talking to Josh Spain from Bonehead Tackle and asked what he was doing that day. He said he had one meeting at Palestine Resort near his home in Tyler, so I checked to see if he wanted to fish Lake Palestine after that. I had fished a tournament there last year and new a few spots so I acted as guide. lol It is a couple of hours drive for me, but I like that lake and I had the whole day off... and my wife's encouragement to go! Turned out to be a blessed day all around. Got to hang out with Josh all day and vertical jig with his equipment, and the wind stayed down for us most of the day.

These are picts starting out launching near the dam. God blessed us with an awesome day. These are the kind of days I dream about on the lake.
    Starting to have some fall colors, no boats, overcast, cool and calm. Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Purty fish from Palestine

Say hello to Josh, one of Crappie.com newest sponsors.

I was using his rods, orange braid, jigs and scent. I felt like a NASCAR driver cause we would trade off hats for picts! LOL

They liked his blue & chartreuse that day and they would choke it!

It was a slow day with some light bites (or no bites :mrgreen: ) but we managed 13 with some nice ones. Here's a black and a white.

Post Thanks / Like

It was great to get out on the lake all day with a great guy and one of Crappie.Com newest sponsors.

Mo fishes...

That night on my cleaning board

And I guess now’s a good time to announce that Josh plans on sponsoring me and my tournament partner next year. It gets tough with entry fees, gas and hotel, so every little bit helps! We fish mostly CAT (Crappie Anglers of Texas) tournaments and we will fish Crappie Masters (Ultimate Challenge) when it comes to Lake Fork in March. Maybe a few others as we go along. we are just starting out as a team so wish us luck!

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Awsome
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's a blessed day for sure. Nice !

Post Thanks / Like

josh is a great guy!! congrats on the sponsership!!! hope it all works out!

Post Thanks / Like

Great day..Great Times...Great Catch...Congrat's From Lake Conway AR.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all! My wife and I have been trying new stuff to get away from fried fish all the time - so we tried pan searing in butter (may be just as bad??) and baking with Panko bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan. Sounded kinda weird to me at first, but its not bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys been a while since I have been on. Looks like Tim took care of me and posted some pictures. We had a great day on the water. The weather was perfect could not ask for anything better. Thanks Tim For posting the picture and coming over and fishing. I hope to get do it again soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast