Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to crappie fishing

I am new to crappie fishing but been on the forum now for a year or two but I was wanting to know if you guys have any recommendation on what baits to get to start my tackle box with some good colors and so good jigs I will mostly be fishing a few local lake and a few local pond out of a 10 foot flat bottom any help is greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. Been bed riddin for a while, but some of the members will jump in here in a bit I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

ok hope everything is ok with you

Post Thanks / Like

What part ofAr u live in?

Post Thanks / Like

I live in central in the cabot area what area you live redbone

Post Thanks / Like

Hampton about 80 mi south Little Rock 167 south.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zack21 View Post
    I live in central in the cabot area what area you live redbone
    I also live in Cabot, behind Westside Elementary. Welcome aboard. Everybody has their choice of go to baits and colors and if you listen to everyone you are going to have a tackle box full in a hurry. Most of which you will never use. You will basically need lights, darks, and neutral baits depending on light conditions and water clarity. So start with white/chart, blk/chrt, and straight chartreuse. You can vary the colors a bit but those three colors work very well for me almost any time. Just keep it simple at first until you start to build more knowledge of your lake and experience, then you can figure out works best for you. Do you fish Conway? If so holler sonetime if you want to go catch a few.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have only fished Conway once I use to bass fish only but now I am try crappie I use to fish the river a lot and greers an sometimes barnette

Post Thanks / Like

I use to fish lake barnette the river and greers ferry a lot but now only a few ponds and barnette I've only fished Conway one time and ok i'll holler at you sometime and well go

Post Thanks / Like

Zack,

PM me your address and I will make you up a few basic jigs and send your way. I am thinking my Leslie special (Orange, Orange with Chart tail), black/chart, and White, chart or Red and white. Call it a welcome to the habit gift. .

I have heard from a bunch of folks that the slab bandits are the best artificial bait out there. I have not used them myself. I would also invest in some Berkley Power Bait crappie nibbles in chart also. If you can afford to get into them, get with Donald in the Supports Classifieds and order yourself a set of gnats. You hook your minnows to them. They are killer to say the least. I run a double rig with one about 12 to 18 inches above the other and then hook the minnows to the gnats. I think you will like the results.

Hope this helps buddy,

Bobo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast