Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Jersey Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jersey Crappie Anglers

Are there any NJ crappie anglers out there?

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in So. Jersey in Millville. I fished Union Lake, clarks pond, the Maurice River, and Parvins. I use to catch crappie in Clarks Pond and Union Lake.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Smile N. Jersey

Howdy,
    Grew up in Passaic co. and fished all over. I remember the following lks. to be pretty good.
    Greenwood - Passaic co.
    Farrington - North Brunswick
    Colliers Mill - below Six Flags near Frehold ?
    Around Clinton there are 2 res.that had a mixed bag. Monksville in Pas. co. should have crappie, hunted there the year before flooding. Was up a few years ago and found land was bought up around some small lakes and they were cut off from public. When I grew up in Haskell the pop.as under a thousand, now there are condos where hunting woods used to be that claim over a thou. residents. PROGRESS !! Contact game dept. and they used to have lists of public waters BONUS Greenwood Lk. is now a WALLEYE hangout.
    Good Fishing Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default NJ Crappies

I live in Morris County. We have a variety of lakes that contain Crappies. Lake Hopatcong contains a healthy crappie population. Budd Lake's Crappie population is incredible, they are willing biters through the ice. A deceased friend of mine that posted on this site as Pomoxis and I caught over 100 Crappies in Budd late in the ice season 2 hours. Never had much luck on Monkesville. Spruce Run near Clinton is teaming with good sized Crappies. Pomoxis had been fishing a few hotspots for 20 years and showed me some productive spots. Fish probably averaged in excess of 10.5". We caught a number of 14 and 15' everytime out in 2005. Since his passing in May, it has been difficult fishing his spots by myself. Swartswood Lake is high quantity lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah hit Lake Hopatcong - great fishing lake. Just across 15 from there is a small lake called Shawnee. Has crappies and excellent pickerel, in fact that area of NJ has the best pickerel fishing I've ever seen. Just a little ways from Lake Hopatcong there is a little state land I think its wharton state land or something like that, and there is one little unpaved road that goes into it. Right at the end there is a little building and a fairly large double pond with a road between them. I don't know what its like now but 20 years ago I caught a pickerel there just a couple inches short of the state record, and it was crawling with pickeral that hit like little sharks. Its was a blast fishing there and while I was there I never saw someone else there.
    Good things come to those who bait.