Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie.com membership

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie.com membership

I see we now have 901 members! Great news. glad to see this web site growing! Better for all of us.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I know. And I'm seeing many more "unregistered" users online all the time. The site traffic is picking up big time. Very cool. This should even help me get possible sponsors too. Crappie.com T-Shirts have also been selling well lately. Hmm, I may be able to stay out of Corporate America yet. btw, I am the owner of Crappie.com and I am out of work right now; here's a plug for "getting ed a job", visit www.edmoes.com
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed:

I see you got your BS degree from Elmhurst College. My dad went there and played on thier basketball team back when he was in college. That was during the 1940's though. They said it was a great educational school.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    I know. And I'm seeing many more "unregistered" users online all the time. The site traffic is picking up big time. Very cool. This should even help me get possible sponsors too. Crappie.com T-Shirts have also been selling well lately. Hmm, I may be able to stay out of Corporate America yet. btw, I am the owner of Crappie.com and I am out of work right now; here's a plug for "getting ed a job", visit www.edmoes.com
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead

Quite a resume, ed......have you ever gotten an "overqualified" turndown? Happens often these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Elmhurst College is a nice little college just outside Chicago. I took most my classes at a satelite branch in the Northern Suburbs, but I did have a few classes on their campus.

Overqualified, well not to my face. Rejections usually are not specific at all. Just a "no, but thanks for trying".
    Owner

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Resume

The only problem I see with your resume' is it probably overwhelms the "would be" employer. Most of these guys are protective of their territory. It's the old Peter Principle and it is so true. Stupid question here, but have you checked Dice.com?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Generally I use Monster and Careerbuilder, I'll have to go out there and look at Dice. Thanks for the advise all.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie.com statistics

Here is a summary of the number of hits this site received from May '04 thru October '04.

Total hits
    May '04 .........722,135
    June '04 .........495,413
    July '04 ..........440,161
    August '04 ......815,098
    September '04..943,977
    October '04 ....1,123,931

Hits per day
    May '04 ............23,294
    June '04 ...........16,513
    July '04 ............14,198
    August '04 ........26,293
    September '04 ...31,465
    October '04 .......36,255

These numbers were what Ed provided me so I could work up a presentation to a prospective sponsor. Look like a lot of hits to me.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default My luck.

Now that I'm about to finish up on my B.S. in Organizational Management, I find out how educated Ed is.........I could have been getting a little extra tutoring this whole time.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I just threw out my Operations Organizational Management book the other day. We might have to ask Moose about that then!

And the organization I'm working in right now, Adventures Online Inc, Wifey's company where we do this website business, has no organizational management, it's a 1.5 man/woman band! The .5 is for wifey who does the book keeping, and hold down a full time job, as all I do right now is sit on my ass and work on the occasional BMW, my other passion. My other high traffic site is www.Bimmer.info. We love the older 1989-1995 E34 5-series BMW and work plenty on them ourselves. I know it's not an american car, but I justify it to myself because we buy them used, usually with over 100k miles on them, and repair them either ourselves or through an independant mechanic (never the dealer cause they are just so darn expensive). My other justification is, most my family still lives in Germany, and I love that Autobahn they have. Went 155 MPH with the whole family in the car, once! Smooth, straight Autobahn almost made it boring, not!
    Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast