Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cat Fishing On Lake Norman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat Fishing On Lake Norman

My nephew wants to do some cat fishing on Lake Norman. Can anyone tell him where is the best place to start..And what are they biting? He fishes Iredell and Catawba Counties...Thanks in advance for your help....

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy lives there- i wil go to the other forum and ask right now- sorry i just saw this

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

ok lady here goes::: i never been down there but this is from the horses mouth who lives there.....hope you know where these places are !!

The Long Island area is a good starting place they catch a lot of flatheads there, but it's bottle fished a lot. He can put in at Bills' Marina and go downstream under the bridge and go to the left of the first island. Down past the end of the island a couple hundred yards is a big rock on the left. Start from the rock and zig zag back and forth till he finds an underwater structure, it's an old wooden dam and it goes about half way across the river. Set up above it and cast close to it. They bite best there in the fall. Good luck. I think the landing is still called Bills Marina it has new management the new name is JB Frog but they may still call it Bills'. It's on Buffalo Shoals Rd. comming out of Statesville.

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER