Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daiwa Peanut crankbaits ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daiwa Peanut crankbaits ?

While cruising around Ebay I found some Daiwa Peanut crankbaits. I bid and got them. I was curious if anyone has had any experience with these. They are the deeper models (5’) and in 4 different colors. I searched and found some reviews, some of which said to change the hooks because the ones used tangle and flimsy. I have some #6 red trebles ready. Almost all the reviews were from bass anglers and I was seeking a crappie fisherman’s opinion.

What say you?
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of them. Maybe I am missing out. But, I want my baits down between 12 to 15 feet.
    Good luck with them
    Keep us posted.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Clint, never heard of them but they'd be perfect depth for the lake I fish a lot and I love the colors. Gonna have to get me some. Where can they be purchased from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRPEPPER View Post
    Never heard of them. Maybe I am missing out. But, I want my baits down between 12 to 15 feet.
    I had never heard of them either till I spotted them on EBay. The shallow depth is fine for me as I fish mostly small watershed lakes (ponds) and bays off Kentucky & Barkley Lake which are not too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by EnonEye View Post
    Clint, never heard of them but they'd be perfect depth for the lake I fish a lot and I love the colors. Gonna have to get me some. Where can they be purchased from?
    The colors look OK in the pictures but I will have to wait till Friday to see how the finish is. I have never seen them, or any Daiwa bait in any of the local tackle shops. Rods and reels yes, but no baits. I googled them and found some online retailers that carry them. I got them because I can not afford to lose $6 crankbaits and I paid much less than that on EBay. The seller only had one set of 4 (one of each color) available, and it was an actual auction not a Vendor Sale like some are. I was looking at the Chinese vendors when I found them.

I will report back after I get them and try them in my pond.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them for bass and had good results the only thing i can say is that i had to tune them frequently. Can you PM me or post the vendor you got the discount
    GO VOLS AND TITANS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The vendor on EBay is fishermensource . He has quite a bit for sale.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky