Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider hook setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider hook setup

How do you setup you hook setup? Do you make a setup like a mr crappie setup. Mr. Crappie® Troll-Tech Crappie Rigs | Bass Pro Shops
    or do you make a different way you set your trolling hook setup.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

To start off I have spider rigged for only two years, I have read and tried many different set ups, the one I like the best is: hi vis main line, 1/2 oz egg sinker on the main line, snap swivel on main line, then I tie all my leaders at home in advance, put them on a pool noodle cut 14" to transport to and from lake. I only fish one hook per rod, I have fished a double rig several times and I didn't catch any more on double rig compared to a single rig. I was fishing a double rig with 18" of leader with both hooks tied on the same leader with loop knots and a 3/8 oz walking sinker on the bottom. My dislikes with either double rig was catching a fish and loosing two minnows.
    My two cents, Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolinarking View Post
    To start off I have spider rigged for only two years, I have read and tried many different set ups, the one I like the best is: hi vis main line, 1/2 oz egg sinker on the main line, snap swivel on main line, then I tie all my leaders at home in advance, put them on a pool noodle cut 14" to transport to and from lake. I only fish one hook per rod, I have fished a double rig several times and I didn't catch any more on double rig compared to a single rig. I was fishing a double rig with 18" of leader with both hooks tied on the same leader with loop knots and a 3/8 oz walking sinker on the bottom. My dislikes with either double rig was catching a fish and loosing two minnows.
    My two cents, Aaron
    You never catch two fish at once either. Nothing more fun than reeling in to fish at once. I would say we did it at least once every trip this summer. Go look at a capp and coleman and make one like it. I use braid on my reels and 12lb test and aberdeen hooks. I seldom lose a whole rig because the hooks will bend and its easier to bend a hook back than tieing on again.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the wally rigs and also single hook with minnows,spider rigged.I found that the double minnow rig is great for wasting minnows and time as it gets tangled in the net and when the fish shakes,it throws to the other minnow off.But I must say,It is a blast to catch two nice crappie at once.I think this year I'm gonna try a jig in place of one of the minnows...altering top and bottom on a few rigs to see if it matters.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Just started spider rigging. This info very helpfull!

Post Thanks / Like

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Snake n da brush® with 1 bare hook and an extra mini blade for flash...

(I use a jig in place of the hook on half my rods)...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor