Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plumbers

I need a snake to run down my kitchen drain. I installed a clean out and tried my little had snake but one of my girls thought garbage disposal really means empty the who pot of left over chicken down it. I live in white hall

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

May be a last resort, but if the sink has a vent out the roof, take the water hose and run it down the vent stack and turn it on. You can keep pushing it till it won't go any further. It will sometimes blow out the obstruction.

You can also get an idea of how far the obstruction is by how quick the water backs up. If it happens really quick, it may just be blocked at the trap.

Of course all this will not work if all the plumbing in the house doesn't drain.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good success running the garden hose up from the clean out to the plugged area and poking it around until it was washed out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well had to buy a snake anyway. Rather do that than pay a plumber the same price to unstop it. I tried the hose thru the vent and no go. Ended up cutting out under the sink and installing a clean out also. No prob if it happens again.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbowhunter View Post
    Well had to buy a snake anyway. Rather do that than pay a plumber the same price to unstop it. I tried the hose thru the vent and no go. Ended up cutting out under the sink and installing a clean out also. No prob if it happens again.
    Glad you got it fixed. Would've been there to help if was were closer. Seems like I always get called to come help with stuff like that. I was an agri teacher (shop) for 9 years and people seem to think you are supposed to be a carpenter, welder, electrician, plumber, mason, mechanic, etc...just because you are a shop teacher. lol
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Girls................you gotta love them.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Lol yep them girls think a garbage disposal supposed to eat a chicken. Well each one of them have plugged it once each now. After making the guilty party plunge the sink and worm it and get all good and messy with me i think they have learned there lesson! Trash can all you can and then rinse dishes lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I once watched in disbelief while my wife's sister pushed corn cobs down her disposal, This was a grown woman with children.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Get em trained well so you can send them off with a good man one day and not get them returned. Too many never teach their kids anything. Life lessons are good for your kids , but can be tough on a parent. Too many grown kids still too dependent on dad. You seem to be on the right track raising your little girls the right way.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbowhunter View Post
    Lol yep them girls think a garbage disposal supposed to eat a chicken. Well each one of them have plugged it once each now. After making the guilty party plunge the sink and worm it and get all good and messy with me i think they have learned there lesson! Trash can all you can and then rinse dishes lol.
    Wanted!!!! Good Wife that can catch catfish,catch crappie and clean out Garbage disposal!!!! PS!!!! Can shoot,clean a deer!!!! PS can also put out Duck decoys, and Shoot ducks!!!! PS can also tye jigs in spare time for spidder rigging!!! PS has trophys for beauty Queen!!!! Lock your door Bowhunter!!! I hear the Door Bell rigging!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast