Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck hunting adventure

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck hunting adventure

Went to prep the blind for next weekend. Spruced up the brush and made sure everything was setting on go. On the way out, I felt a very sudden urge to take a swim. I took a quick dip in the St Francis and found it to be quite invigorating. The safety kill switch did its job and the life jacket I suppose would have, but the water wasn't deep enough to really need it. Being ejected from the boat at 28+ mph is something I wouldn't recommend doing everyday, but I may try to replicate on video cause I suspect it would have been hilarious to anyone watching

Everyone be safe and use the kill switch lanyard, and life jackets. Be especially conscious of this as temps drop and our clothing gets thicker and heavier.

Blind is all good. Setting on ready.

Name:  1116130826a.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  78.0 KBName:  1116130827b.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  60.8 KBName:  1116130829a.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  50.2 KB
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're okay. What did you hit? It's not a good feeling going out of the boat. Hopefully it'll never happen again.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't hit anything. Was running wide open up on plane in the woods to keep from shallow driving. I Needed to make a 90 degree turn into another run where a duck hole was and the boat started sliding. This was ok until the boat hooked up suddenly, and I was suddenly goooooooooooooooneeeeeee SPLASH.

I think what helped me was the waders acting like a drogue chute once I hit the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez.....Glad to hear your ok. I've pulled several folks out of there. Where on the river are ya to still have a blind and water?.....those vines look good

Post Thanks / Like

We are on our private property north of Lake City. We are just getting water up to the edge of an oak ridge and really need about a foot more to get it half knee deep in the hardwoods. I'd rather hunt standing in the trees than in the blind in the tupelos and cypress. Unfortunately there were no ducks. The wood ducks that were there earlier moved on with the cold snap. Who knows what will happen once the shooting starts.

Last year there were no ducks opening day and they didn't show until friday after Thanksgiving. The year before that, I was on call and started not to go, but ended up going late and throwing out 21 decoys. I checked my phone to make sure I didn't get any calls while I was running the motor and it said 7:30 when I crawled into the blind. At 8:10 I was back at the truck after landing 3 bunches and killing a limit. It's the river. Feast or famine changes daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your ok. that blind look good and if you need anyone to help keep them ducks run off I got someone that help with that also
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

glad you weren't hurt rc but I think I would have given 100.00 to have been standing out in the woods watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ....Thanks for the reply. I've had a club outside of Truman for years at Oak Donnick. Not the same place it used to be. In my younger days on a flood we'd get after them mallards up your way and hunt them all the way down as the water left out and the ducks were following it. Can't beat the woods filling up with ducks as you hug a tree. I envy you having a private spot. Last couple years I've been doing well hunting on the Cache and L'anguille. Good luck this season. Try to have fun and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Randall, you are one lucky duck. Jump out of the boat in ankle deep water on plane and not even get a scratch. Gindog takes a dive out of a stationary boat and ends up with two broken piggies, a banged up elbow, and a very stylish full-body bruise!! You musta sprouted wings or something!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your ok RCC, that's ok you dont haft to duplicate on vidio. LOL we are laughing anyways...May ducks adorn your blind this season.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast