Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Trolling motor.

Got a new Trolling motor on the way. Minn Kota TRaxxis 80 24V 80lb 42" Transom Mount Trolling motor w/Tiller Control. Will be mounting it on the side of the boat, and trying Side pulling out of my Lund 1825 Pro Guide Tiller boat. Minn Kota Traxxis 80 24V 80lb 42" Transom Mount Trolling Motor w Tiller Control | eBay
    Hope the 80 lb is enough for my boat. Thinking the Lund may work great for Side pulling. Watch out Pete's Guide service is on its way. HAHA Guide my Grand kids and hope to be able to get all of them fishing at the same time. That and be able to take Marilyn's Mom with us. She is 81 and thinks she would love to give it a try.

Will just mount it on a War-Eagle side mount for now. And may later on add the New Multi Function Trolling Motor Bracket Mount Exclusive Design Free Shipping | eBay This is a cool bracket being it allows you to swing the motor out of the way and not sticking across the boat.

Now to just follow oldbigun around and learn how side pull. Used his Guide service last April with my wife. And man did we have a great trip on the water.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great deal red
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks buddy looked for a long time trying to find a good deal. And did not think I was going to beat that price. Unless I get a guy I know to get me one. And then it would be stolen. And not going that route. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Now if the shaft was only a foot longer. 42" is not getting the prop below the boat on my boat. So will have to build a new bracket to mount it to and drop it down about 4" more. But hope to get out on the water next week I hope.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

You will definitely want to get it below the boat. How are you planning to build the drop bracket?