Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Veteran finds peace through fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Veteran finds peace through fishing

Name:  A Veteran.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  30.8 KB

How many veterans here on c.com have found that through fishing you can have peace within your self? I remember that my job was to sent the F-105 pilots to duty in Vietnam and also to investigate military aircraft accidents stateside. I also was assigned duties of notifying next of kin when a puolt died. For me, when I am fishing I am at peace with God and I remember my friends who died in a foreign war, many times fighting for someone else's freedoms that we take for granted here. Through fishing and in making lures I find peace. Hoe about the rest of you?

M. Carter, Captain, USAF
    1967-1971
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I have spent many a morning on the water finding peace after a bad night of dreams and memories dredged up for various reasons. When I was younger I turned to drink to find
    solance and peace from the memories, after 2 failed marriages and numerous lost friendships I found peace through the Lord and my father (a Vietnam Vet himself). Now instead of drinking my pain away I go fishing and find peace with myself and what I have seen and done.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I found peace through the Lord and my father (a Vietnam Vet himself). Now instead of drinking my pain away I go fishing and find peace with myself and what I have seen and done.
    Amen my friend. Bless you for your service.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Amen my friend. Bless you for your service.
    I second that

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for your leadership and unselfish service Ship. Much too often at night I wake up thinking about what more I could have done for the Pennsylvania Guardsmen who died at the hands of Saddam in 1991 when a scud missle hit thier barracks. Many times the only way I can get back to sleep is by reminiscing of past days on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

There is definitely great peace and solice to be had by all on the water fishing. It is such a great retreat from everything this world tries to forcefeed you against your will. I think doctors would do well to prescribe crappie fishing to many people with stress or anxiety related ailments, because as so many of us know... spending as much peaceful time as possible enjoying God's creation is great soul food for the inner man... the likes of which he cannot have or find anywhere else. I've been boatless for over a year now and I am definitely feeling the need to increase my dosage of crappie therapy.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17