Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell phones

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cell phones

What are we doing?? While fishin yesterday I see this guy jiggin off his dock while trying to use his cell and I guess teching?? What happen to the, to the point fisherman. Why the cell phones?? do we really need to be that CONECTED

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I were in a Mexican restaurant a week or so back. A young couple walked in with 2 toddlers. The wife was yapping on her cell when they walked in while her husband was trying to corral the kids. She did take the time to stop her conversation, which everyone in the place got to share since she was so loud, to order for herself and the kids. The husband seemed to be totally clueless on how to manage the kids so they were adding to the white noise coming from their Mom. From what all of us there could gather, this conversation she was having had zero to do with anything that couldn't have waited till they left the place.

We finished our meal while this woman tried to eat hers with her cell attached to the side of her head.

I told my wife as we walked to my truck that if I had to live my life with my phone glued to the side of my head, I would be looking for a different course in life. My cell is my personal and my business phone but the last thing I will ever allow it to become is my master.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how many. Times I have waited at fuel pumps while someone was sitting at the pump on a cell phone , thinking they where pumping fuel or waiting on some inside the store

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how many times I have been flipped "The Bird" for honking my horn at some clueless type yapping away who failed to notice the light had turned green. They give me the salute then raced thru the light on yellow while the rest of us behind them get the privilege of sitting thru another red light.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

“I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots.” Albert Einstein
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    “I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots.” Albert Einstein
    already getting there,ever see a young cashier try to make change when the register doesn't tell them how much to give back?
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

A cell phone can be a very handy tool in case of emergency, could save your life. But to set and talk on it non stop would drive me nuts. Nothing worse than some 1/2 wit trying to drive and talk at the same time, they usually can't do both.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I text back and forth with my wife while I fish. I have medical issues and she is concerned when I fish by myself and that's how we keep her calm while I enjoy doing what I love. Don't know how long I have to keep on fishing so I bite the bullet and give her that much.
    Keep them poles bent and the boat right side up! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree gregsayer. I have the FollowMee app for my phone so my wife knows where I am at when I fish alone, which is most of the time. I feel safer for it, as well as her.
    Randy Andres

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he was using one of these
    Vexilar FishPhone Mobile App & Camera System FP100
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast