Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sweet potato chips and panko crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweet potato chips and panko crappie

It's good to have my grown kids visiting me, and when we all get together, something good is going on the dinner table. Well being fortunate to persuade some crappie to jump in my boat this week, I had a large bowl of fresh fillets in the fridge. Couple that with a great sweet potato harvest from my garden....well wasn't long until my son and daughter had the mandolin out and slicing some paper thin chips from some sweet potatoes. The chips were seasoned with some garlic powder and pepper, then tossed in a little flour to keep them from sticking together. Got my peanut oil out and up to 375 deg, and first fried the chips and then laid them out on a cookie sheet , then salted and put aside (after test tasting a generous amount (lol) ). Next were the crappie fillets that were dredged in flour, an egg wash, and then panko crumbs, and dropped into the 375 degree oil.

Well couple the above with some good IPAs, and the rest is history. I just wish I could have taken a picture, however I fell into the creek awhile back and my phone camera isn't cooperating anymore....so you'll just have to imagine the above.

The sweet potato chips were great. You'll have to try this sometime. Good food, good company, good drinks. Crappie fishing isn't just about catching the biggest fish or winning a tournament.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

What better way to share your crappie harvest than with family. If more people would do more for family and friends, this world would be a better place. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome HHD! You definitely got if figured out! Even though you're a talented narrator, you still need bite the bullet and get a picture phone... So I don't have to think this sounds to good to be true! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

HT....why are you on the internet instead of out bow hunting? As for the phone... too much of a tight arse . Phone screen still works as long as I heat it up over the stove , in a heating pad, or putting it under my arm pit or some other weird places for awhile, LOL. If I get a call, I have to guess where to swipe the screen Camera ....no worky.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana