Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Tap

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Tap

We looked at a 2014 Toyota 4Runner yesterday. Test drive one before making a choice. It was an SR5 equipped pretty good. No leather, no moon roof, no Nav but did have back up camera and a few more creature comforts.. MSRP was $36,385.00
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at it at past years auto shows (big one in Virginia Beach, first weekend every January) and haven't liked past years interiors. I will take a look at the new model year one at the auto show. One problem with the smaller SUV's is that they are building them closer to the ground and therefore not putting running boards on them. I would like to have running boards since some ramps I put in at the water will be near my front tires and I go from my boat to rear bumper, then step on top of rear tire, then onto running board into vehicle. (fishing mostly by myself) The new Durango does not come with running boards either. I will have to check Toyota's website to see if you can get them. I really don't want to do after market.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The one we looked at did have factory Toyota running boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    I have looked at it at past years auto shows (big one in Virginia Beach, first weekend every January) and haven't liked past years interiors. I will take a look at the new model year one at the auto show. One problem with the smaller SUV's is that they are building them closer to the ground and therefore not putting running boards on them. I would like to have running boards since some ramps I put in at the water will be near my front tires and I go from my boat to rear bumper, then step on top of rear tire, then onto running board into vehicle. (fishing mostly by myself) The new Durango does not come with running boards either. I will have to check Toyota's website to see if you can get them. I really don't want to do after market.
    Tap, You can get them to put Dodge running boards or Step bars on at the dealer. I did this with my truck.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    Tap, You can get them to put Dodge running boards or Step bars on at the dealer. I did this with my truck.CF
    Not so sure they can with the new Durango as it is now built even lower to the ground than it was in prior year models but I will ask at the auto show in January.

Having read and watched the video in this review they make it sound like the 4Runner is more for off roading something I never do. There are some features I like on it. What's nice about the auto show is that I can compare all the vehicles I am interested in as they are all under the same roof. I will definitely give it a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    Not so sure they can with the new Durango as it is now built even lower to the ground than it was in prior year models but I will ask at the auto show in January.

Having read and watched the video in this review they make it sound like the 4Runner is more for off roading something I never do. There are some features I like on it. What's nice about the auto show is that I can compare all the vehicles I am interested in as they are all under the same roof. I will definitely give it a look.
    How about giving us some feedback after the show. We are still looking.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just get Chevy or a GMC Don.....you know you really want one so you can be like me and billbob
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Just get Chevy or a GMC Don.....you know you really want one so you can be like me and billbob
    I don't drive OBAMALETS. I liked them for 52 years but as Roberta Duran would say "No mas"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Gewber
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    How about giving us some feedback after the show. We are still looking.
    It's usually the first weekend in January. My short list is:

2014 Dodge Durango-very nice new interior, can get with a hemi and 360hp with 390ft/lb of torque
    2013 or 14 Nissan Armada-built like a tank and I would sit up high enough to see over my Lund
    2015 Chevy Tahoe (release date first quarter of 2014)-new interior looks decent and best gas mileage for the big SUV's.
    2014 Toyota 4Runner-new interior looks nice and can get with running boards and nice sized rear bumper to step on.