Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake Crappie

I am heading to KY lake Oct 19-21 to take my girlfriend crappie fishing. I have never been crappie fishing at KY lake and was wondering if anone could give me some advice. We are staying at KY Dam Marina. How deep are the crappie? What are some good areas close to KY Dam Marina. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Heating Up!

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieCox
    I am heading to KY lake Oct 19-21 to take my girlfriend crappie fishing. I have never been crappie fishing at KY lake and was wondering if anone could give me some advice. We are staying at KY Dam Marina. How deep are the crappie? What are some good areas close to KY Dam Marina. Thanks in advance!
    Hey JamieCox, Wiskers here. I live right down the road from there in Possum Trot & fish there a lot. Unfortunantly I am on a towboat right now & don't get off until 10/24. I have been watching the lake temps & they have fallen about 8 degrees since I caught the boat. Crappie fishin should be really ready to fire up! There are a lot of good brush piles in the marina itself. I catch a lot of crappie in there at times. You can fish around the docks too. Just pitch a small jig in the slips. I like red and chartruse & black & chartruse tubes on 1/16 & 1/32 oz heads. The #4 boat dock can be good at times. Also check the banks by casting. On up the lake you have Sledd Creek, which is also a good bay. I wish I was gonna be home, I'd show yall around a little. In the mean time go to www.kentuckylake.com, get on the fishing reports forum & ask Oldguide. He's a great guy & will help you out. Good luck & keep in touch.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wiskers

Wiskers, if your off of the old tug 24th I would love to get together with you and do little fishing I would buy you dinner for a few of those tug boat stories Greg

Post Thanks / Like

We where there on the 6th through the 10th, and the fishing was tough. The last day it cooled off, and the water level was rising and the fishing picked up.

I would guess by now things have picked up.

We are headin back the first weekend in Nov., and will be fishing on the blood river. If any of you see a red Lund Pro Vee from Iowa stop and say high.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Headed To The Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Holt
    Wiskers, if your off of the old tug 24th I would love to get together with you and do little fishing I would buy you dinner for a few of those tug boat stories Greg
    I'll be get'n off on the 24th. I probably beheaded to Hillmans Ferry Campgrund on the 25th. I PM you later with my cell # Iand I'd be glad to hook up. Gotta work my dad in a couple of day & the our preacher has put his nae in the hat too. But we can make it happen. I'd be glad to showyou round. As far as the Towboat story's; I got plenty.:D
    Last edited by Wiskers; 10-20-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wiskers

I`ll be looking forward to your pm not sure were Hillmans ferry is but I could look for it hope crappie are bitting better down their than what they have been here in Indiana Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Holt
    I`ll be looking forward to your pm not sure were Hillmans ferry is but I could look for it hope crappie are bitting better down their than what they have been here in Indiana Greg
    Hillman is on the LBL side. & Yep they'll be bite'n. You'll have to hide to bait the hook!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help. Ashley and I did pretty well considering I have never been crappie fishing at KY Lake. Ashley caught two huge KY Lake Slabs each going over 2 lbs. She was super excited. She had never been crappie fishing before! I think I have crappie fishing partner now! Anyway, we caught them in Sledd Creek about 5ft deep on brush and stake beds. It was a great time and we can't wait to go back. It is a pretty good drive (3.75 Hrs) from Lexington but well worth it. I bet the fishing (numbers) are better in the spring. Below are a couple of pics from the trip.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. If i lived only 3.75 hrs from that lake i'd fish it twice a month.:D It takes me 12 hrs to get there from Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope some of the info helped. Glad you caught a few fish.