Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BoneHeadTackle...Thumbs up in my book!

Post Thanks / Like

Default BoneHeadTackle...Thumbs up in my book!

Custom Bait and Tackle Tyler TX | Bonehead Tackle | We sell the best fishing bait that will help you catch more fish!

Just to mention that Josh is a stand up guy, they are listed in the members sponsors section. I had submitted a question and received a personal phone call within a few hours. I like that type of customer service. Answered all my questions, and I really like products that he offers. Proud that he is here on crappie.com!
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFrog View Post
    Custom Bait and Tackle Tyler TX | Bonehead Tackle | We sell the best fishing bait that will help you catch more fish!

Just to mention that Josh is a stand up guy, they are listed in the members sponsors section. I had submitted a question and received a personal phone call within a few hours. I like that type of customer service. Answered all my questions, and I really like products that he offers. Proud that he is here on crappie.com!
    +1! Josh is a real stand-up guy! With service second to none!

Post Thanks / Like

Plus +1

Just restrung 4 rods with fresh Bonehead Braid for a trip to Fork this weekend. Love that stuff.
    Also like supporting the small local guys making a go of it. Like folks said, Josh listens and can customize stuff for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a rod from him great customer service and nice looking rod...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I just ordered a rod from him great customer service and nice looking rod...
    +1 again...

I'm also trying two of the seven footers.
    I like a rod with backbone and sensitive too. This has it all!
    Plus lightweight

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this also - I live in Texas and don't know this guide, but we have the same views! lol

-==========================

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Mark McGuire and I am from Oktaha, Oklahoma. I am recently retired from Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company here in Oklahoma. Also I am a full time Crappie Guide, guiding on Tenkiller, Eufaula, Ft Gibson, Keystone, and Wister. I have been guiding for 4 yrs and fishing for over 30 years for Crappie. I have also been fishing Tournaments for the last 4 years here in Oklahoma with 23 tournaments fished. During this time I have finished with 5-1st place finishes, 10- 2nd place finishes, and 5-3rd place finishes.
    I am very fortunate to be fishing with some of the finest equipment available today. Since I was contacted by Josh Spain, owner of BoneHead Tackle a few months ago, I have been fishing BoneHead Rods which are Carbon Fiber Graphite Rods which make them very sensitive to the very light bite, and enable me to be detect this bite and catch more crappie. Even with a rod like this and without a strong and visible line in the techniques I fish you would be limited somewhat. That's the reason I fish BoneHead Hi Vis Mono Line. First let me say most Hi Vis Lines are soft and not abrasive resistance due to the color pigment included, and the process used to make their line limp without much memory. In doing this it's a soft line and breaks easily at the knot or along the length of the line thats drug over a limb. On the other hand let me also say there are Hi Vis lines out there that are really strong and have so much memory that after a few casts they kink and twist so bad they become unfishable. Now let me say I have found the Hi Vis that's soft, no memory, very strong, and has excellent knot strength. BoneHead Mono is the line for me. I have looked for years for a line that fits my bill for fishing all techniques and BoneHead has listened to the fisherman and provides a surperb Mono.
    BoneHead also offers jigheads in various sizes and weights with strong hooks. Very nice combination for their Slab Slammer Crappie Plastic Baits. These baits offer some of the brightest colors in a plastic bait out there. Their size allows it to be fished 12 months a year. Their design is amazing with a very limp tail that has amazing action which allows us to catching more crappie.

Mark McGuire
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-13-2013 at 04:25 PM.