Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ode To Jerry Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ode To Jerry Blake

I called Jerry a few days ago just to make sure how to wire this thing. I was looking for the easy way out by wiring to the two 12 volt batteries under the console for the trolling motors and was wondering how to do that without frying a brand new in the box fishfinder. Well, as usual, Jerry told me how to do it and I spent a couple of hours today getting her all wired, hung and bolted down. I did decide to run the transducer through one of the the drain holes, because drilling a 5/8" hole right in the rear end didn't seem too appealing to me. Anyways, I got this whole idea from Jerry Blake and I will try it out in two days after I get through with this work thing. Thanks Jerry, I owe you a bunch as usual. FATBOY ps, I made the base for the fishfinder at work. It is stainless and shouldn't ever rust. Kinda worried about the washers and lock nuts I used though. If they rust, it is set up for easy replacement. It turns 270 degrees and also tilts up and down. GOT 'ER DONE!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by fatboy; 10-15-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good J. Hope to see you for the get together on Watts Bar. Have you checked your PM lately?
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big J:

Looks good! You can get stainless steel U-bolts and even put some stainless steel dome nuts on it if you want to really dress it up and not worry about rusting. Having a graphs both on the front and back can really help you stay on the cover and/or drop-offs. Having the back one up on the grab bar makes it really easy to see in just a quick glance.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com