Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pontoon boat rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default pontoon boat rod holders

wondering what you folks are using for multiple rod holders.

i have one Mr Crappie, rod holder (holds 4 rods) thats never been used, thought about buying a couple more of them and putting 2 of them in the front and 1 in the rear towards the middle. This is a new Bennington 22ft sffx, fishing toon, with the fishing seats in the 4 corners, trolling motor on the front that i just bought in Sept.

any other suggestions ?

wow, i fat fingered BOAT, on my 1st thread, hope the spelling police don't run me off haaaa
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-05-2013 at 04:48 PM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fixed your "fat finger oops" Grandpaw .... no blood, no foul.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

If you got run off for misspellings or bad grammar there would only be 3 people left people on the forum.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I often guide out of a 22 ft pontoon and had the same problem. T-bars do not work well on a pontoon rail because they shake too much. It seems that the boat's rail magnifies the shake of the boat and sends it into the T-Bar. I was not pleased at all with this. I then came up with a system that works really well for me and allows great versatility in your setup. I have pictures and if you send me an e-mail I will e-mail the pictures to you and explain the system. I actually have two different ways of attaching rod holders with a lot of versatility. These items are not on my website at Extreme Fishing Concepts My email is [email protected]

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rail mounts from EZ Poleholder. Hand knob adjustable. Just rite for old folks.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster makes several types of rail clamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I fixed your "fat finger oops" Grandpaw .... no blood, no foul.

... cp
    thanks pappy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    I often guide out of a 22 ft pontoon and had the same problem. T-bars do not work well on a pontoon rail because they shake too much. It seems that the boat's rail magnifies the shake of the boat and sends it into the T-Bar. I was not pleased at all with this. I then came up with a system that works really well for me and allows great versatility in your setup. I have pictures and if you send me an e-mail I will e-mail the pictures to you and explain the system. I actually have two different ways of attaching rod holders with a lot of versatility. These items are not on my website at Extreme Fishing Concepts My email is [email protected]
    you may email me at [email protected]
    thanks!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 22156
Size:  57.6 KB

Here is what i talked about in my other post. It changes the square tubing into round tubing that makes everything completely adjustable. On the back of the boat it also got the rod holders up higher so that they were easy to reach without moving from your seat. Everything is easily installed and easily removed. I have these all around the boat. I should have put another rod holder on for this picture but I hope you get the idea. This is the front of the boat shown but the back of the boat is where it works the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Scroll down to "Pontoon Holders"
    Page Title

If it is the rail that has the sheel metal that comes all the way up to the rail on the outside, I can offer the below post instead.
    Name:  Pontoon Mount Post 1.jpg
Views: 3156
Size:  45.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle