Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Every time I try to go into the chat room, I get an error on page. And every time I click on manage attachments I get an error on page. What am I doing wrong?
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Richard:

Might check your Internet Explorer Browsers Security Settings and the Privacy settings. Find the Tools menu item and click on it. Then click on the internet options. Once you do this you will see the Security tab and the Privacy tabs on the top. Click each one and then make sure that all the options are set to the default settings.

Are you running any other software such as a firewall or a virus checking program? They can interfere with some web sites. You want to make sure that you can accept cookies. But you can do that when you set the security and private settings back to the default.
    Hollar if you don't have a clue as to what I am talking about and I will walk you though this if I have to.

This may be the problem or it could be something else. But I suspect that your not set up to accept the cookies for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Every time I try to go into the chat room, I get an error on page. And every time I click on manage attachments I get an error on page. What am I doing wrong?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1weezer....

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer

I just entered the chat room and had no problems. I used the "chat" link at the top of the page and logged in, but I can't figure why you're having trouble getting there. Your best bet might be to post a thread to ed describing your difficulties with the errors, he should be able to tell you what's wrong.

OK, belay my last, I see that Moose has got a handle on it...thanks M.
    Last edited by labill; 12-14-2004 at 12:06 AM. Reason: additional info...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Richard has a popup blocker installed as both those functions pop up a new browser window. Try to click on those while holding down the "ctrl" key. My popup blocker will accept popups when I use the control key.

Other than that, I'd have to ask about which browser you're using. Try IE if it's something other. And also perhaps you're not accepting cookies (like Moose says), but it's kinda normal to accept them these days.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

If you have kids in the house they can get on the computer and make changes. LOL Even the neighbor kids can slip in at times and change settings on the computer. Hell I have been known to make changes on my computer and then fortget to change them back to the default settings.

And sometimes I have noticed that my IE security settings have been changes and I know that I didn't do it. That is why I am running a firewall these days. It does not pay to upset computer geeks. They can ruin your day if you make them mad enough to hack into your computers. That does not apply to this group but there are other groups or forums where the discussions can get very heated and tempers can flair up. Especially with the online gaming crowd. LOL Some of those computer flight sim guys are nortorous for hacking comptuers. Some of them get upset if you shoot them down Online with a virtual airplane and they seek revenge. LOL

I doubt if Richard has that problem though. More than likely it's a popup blocker or a firewall setting or one of a hundred other problems with MS Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    I'm thinking Richard has a popup blocker installed as both those functions pop up a new browser window. Try to click on those while holding down the "ctrl" key. My popup blocker will accept popups when I use the control key.

Other than that, I'd have to ask about which browser you're using. Try IE if it's something other. And also perhaps you're not accepting cookies (like Moose says), but it's kinda normal to accept them these days.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richard:

I have Norton's Antispam on my computer, which includes a Pop Up Blocker and an Ad Blocker and I have to turn off the Pop Up Blocker to use the chat room.

Are you catching lots of fish? I've been working on Crappie Condos on Hamilton and putting down floor tile in our basement to make my wife happy.

Much more floor tile though and I think I'll have to have my back worked on too!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I turned off my pop up blockers. That did not work. I have been on the phone with Ed, but we can't figure it out yet.
    Big fish are hitting now, but I am afraid that we will have a shad kill with this cold weather. And you know what happens when you have a shad kill.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chat

Missed chatting with you in there, weezer. Hope you can get yourself allowed in there soon.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hi do

Don't know if you are running XP or not, but I had to turn XP firewall off before I could chat. That was some time ago though. Bill Gates wants all our money.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help

I think you may be having java script problems. Sometimes anitvirus programs will disable java. I know Norton Systems Works affects Java. Go to the chat window. Momentarily disable antivirus. Try to log in. See if this works. Be sure to re-enable antivirus when you get thru checking. If this doesent work, let me know. We will try to download Java.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast