Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Indian Lake Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian Lake Results

Lots of fish caught today, mostly in the 10-11" range--cookie cutters for the most part. Not a huge separation--except for one team!! Harper and Harper won the tournament and big fish with a 1.68 pound pig and 6.58 overall, taking home a total of $550. 2nd place went to Collier and Woodgeard with 5.44 pounds. They won $300.

Of the 10 teams who fished, only 4 teams from the Classic qualifiers were there; the rest were either new teams or folks we haven't seen for awhile. Full results later.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you got some new blood in the series. I hope it picks up for BCC.
    Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to crappie tourney fishing

I fished in the Indian Lake tourney and had a lot of fun it was my first time in a tourney. And my first time on Indian we tried to find the crappie but all we found was catfish we tried the docks around moundwood and dream bridge with no crappie to be found then we went into the game preserve for a min but left soon I guess we should have fished the pads more in the game preserve. If anyone has any info on where to fish there it would be helpful

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site SeanCrappie. Good to see new blood on the Ohio Forum.
    Only time I've been to Indian is a few times I went ice fishing for eyes. I'd like to get up there and try for the crappies sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I am in Springfield and fish cj brown every weekend it is a lot deeper than indian and I have never had to fish docks or pads for crappie cause they are always in the deep water structure on cj I guess I will have to get used to fishing shallow water lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, there were lots of fish to be had in the Game Reserve. Bill and I probably caught 50 or so 10-10.5" fish. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything bigger. The fish were in the pads and on the outside of them as well, relatively shallow. Just watch the folks already fishing there--most of them are using the same techniques--small float, jig with plastic or minnow, and a long pole (10-12', usually).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info that really helps me out I think I need a longer rod I was using a 8ft .i think I need to slow down and fish the structure better but I started to go into the game reserve and turned around I would like to know when and where the next tourney will be so I can pre fish it this time

Post Thanks / Like

I was also humbled by the shallow water (as I usually am lol) we have no lakes like this on our side of the crick. I think its fun learning how to catch fish in this shallow water it only makes me better had a great time see you all in march