Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My twin girls first fishing trip...and first fish!!

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking My twin girls first fishing trip...and first fish!!

Took my three year old twin girls to a pond today to try a little fishing. They were really excited. They each have little poles...a barbie and a little zebco demon I think its called. The little poles were not working...AT ALL...so I thought I would let them use my jigging poles. They are 11' poles but they were sitting beside me on the bank of the pond just holding them. Each pole was setup for crappie. Each had a different color jig on it and they were set.

I had never fished this pond before but we had permission and were told it was well stocked so we thought we would give it a try. We weren't there five minutes and one of the bobbers sank...I pulled up on the rod to set the hook for her and told her to reel...and she did....and she did...and finally drug one of the biggest bream in I've ever seen. She was SOO excited. She said over and over...I wanna do it again....I wanna do it again...I wanna do it again. So we did. This time pulling in an even bigger bream than before. After this they were pretty excited but the poles were really hard for them to hold and the algae was thick up against the bank so when the pole would touch the water everything got tangled in it. This happened a few times...as the bobbers were going under so we lost some. Well...lost more than we caught...lol. At this point they had started getting a bit tired...nap time...I took them in the afternoon....and it was pretty warm out...warmer than I thought it would be and I had them in overalls..."great job dad" so they were ready to call it a day. It had been about an hour...lol. Before the end though we pulled in a couple of bass also. The point was not that we were there a long time....or that they caught a mess of fish...I just wanted them to catch something...feel the excitement of the strike and seeing the bobber go under....the thrill of pulling the fish ashore and then putting it on the stringer. Just to spark the interest...and get them excited about fishing. I was proud that they did and they have told everyone about it today.

After we got home we filleted them. They love watching us fillet fish. They bounced around and hollered...having a great time. Mom asked....do you like fish...they said YES...and were gonna eatem'!

Needless to say I was a proud daddy. Can't wait until we go again...will be sure to have some good ol' zebco 33's on hand at that time. Here are a few pictures...two of the girls and then one of the two perch they caught. MAN...if we could have mess of those!!! Hmmm...maybe it won't be long!

Nothing is better than taking a kid fishing...if you have never done it...try it...it'll warm your heart!

Name:  IMG_20131101_202946_834.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  56.9 KBName:  IMG_20131101_203026_145.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  72.1 KBName:  IMG_20131101_203207_476.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  74.1 KB
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post. Submitted for front page
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Definite front page material!! Great post, you made this Grandpa's morning. My girls are 28 and 30, and I remember our trips like it was yesterday.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome trip, and those are some steroid looking bluegills lol.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...me and the girls two bubbas will be hitting that hole next week.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

My little girls are 48 and 46----they take the old man fishing now--- paybacks are he++!!!!!
    Alfred

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Enjoy while you can, they don't stay little long

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great i love to see pics of our future fishermen and woman...my son is 16 and has been in a boat sicne he was 1 the boys love the water and fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful. The smile on their faces says it all. Congratulations.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast