Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does any one use clamp on the boat rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does any one use clamp on the boat rod holders

Do you guys use clamp on rod holders if so any recommendations on where and what to buy

Post Thanks / Like

I use Atwood for trolling big stuff they will clamp to a round or square rail , Scotty are also good clamp on rod holders. The Atwood's will work better with larger diameter rod buts. The Scotty and BPS will work fine e for standard rod buts. Bass pro Amazon are good places to start.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster makes a pretty heavy duty c-clamp designed for rod holders and accessories that have a 3/8 or 1/2 stem. I have purchased and used these and they work well. However the one problem I ran into is that the sidewalls of my boat aren't straight up and down. Instead they angle out towards the water and when a nonadjustable holder is mounted, it kinda leans out over the water. The remedy is to purchase the driftmaster t-bar on which the individual holders can be rotated back towards the fisherman. Hope this helps.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many options available but most are not very secure. If your boat has rope cleats on it (most boats do) then we have a solution for your. We have bases that attach to your cleat and are very secure. Check out our website Extreme Fishing Concepts Our bases accomodate all Driftmaster, Santee Rod Holders, any any other rod holder that has a 3/8" or 1/2" stem. We also sell all Driftmaster accessories including their clamp bases.