PDA

View Full Version : Does any one use clamp on the boat rod holders

alphamax4
11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Do you guys use clamp on rod holders if so any recommendations on where and what to buy

cschottfish
11-01-2013, 07:48 PM
I use Atwood for trolling big stuff they will clamp to a round or square rail , Scotty are also good clamp on rod holders. The Atwood's will work better with larger diameter rod buts. The Scotty and BPS will work fine e for standard rod buts. Bass pro Amazon are good places to start.

pauldo
11-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Driftmaster makes a pretty heavy duty c-clamp designed for rod holders and accessories that have a 3/8 or 1/2 stem. I have purchased and used these and they work well. However the one problem I ran into is that the sidewalls of my boat aren't straight up and down. Instead they angle out towards the water and when a nonadjustable holder is mounted, it kinda leans out over the water. The remedy is to purchase the driftmaster t-bar on which the individual holders can be rotated back towards the fisherman. Hope this helps.

Yadkin Guide
11-03-2013, 09:06 AM
There are many options available but most are not very secure. If your boat has rope cleats on it (most boats do) then we have a solution for your. We have bases that attach to your cleat and are very secure. Check out our website Extreme Fishing Concepts (http://www.extremefishingconcepts.com) Our bases accomodate all Driftmaster, Santee Rod Holders, any any other rod holder that has a 3/8" or 1/2" stem. We also sell all Driftmaster accessories including their clamp bases.