Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Think I Have A New Passion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Think I Have A New Passion

Went out with my sweetie today to catch a few crappie but ended catching striper..............I hooked a nice one but my little crappie rod was no match for those monsters,,,,,,,,.....Im taking CrappieQ on a new mission............Lake Norman is where we caught the striper today (10-14)..........Sweetie said it was the best striper day he has ever had there..........
    Last edited by Litebite; 10-14-2006 at 07:15 PM.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stripers!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish. We use 10ft. graphite jig poles with Shimano 2500's spooled with 8# Berkley XT just for that reason. Often we catch catfish, stripers, hybrids, white bass, etc. in our brushpiles. The larger than average reels with heavier line allow us to crappie fish in heavy cover but when we do hook up on a big'un we have enough tackle there to boat the fish. In fact, I think a 10ft. crappie rod even helps land the fish as long as you keep the tip up (rod bent in half) so it can do it's job. Of course, we always clear all other lines and get on the Minn Kota drag and keep the fish in front of us and not under or behind the boat. Some good examples are 10-12 catfish and striper. Jerry even landed a 24# bluecat that was double hooked with these rigs. Anyway, it's all fun. Here's a link to my wallhanger's page. http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/Wallhangers.htm All these were caught on crappie rods.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 10-14-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ya got some nice stripers there. Good going...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Sis,
    That's great...Tell (Sweety) lol, that I said he did good...But please, don't tell me that he has converted you from crappie to strippers....I just don't think that I would be able to handle that...:p

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of a striper I caught crappie fishing. I was using a 12' crappie pole with 10# line and a Zebco 33 reel. I had to play him a while. Those stripers put up a much better fight than a crappie can!