Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the new 2015 Chevy Tahoe?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think of the new 2015 Chevy Tahoe?

I will most likely be purchasing a new vehicle next year as my Mountaineer has over 217,000 miles on it and I do 30,000 plus per year. (I use it for work as well) I did not like the interior of the Tahoe and was curious to see how things were going to change for the 2015 model year.

Well, here it is.

And a review on it.

I think I will put it on my short list.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

looks great love the interior features but the gas mileage would kill me... I'm used to my little HHR and 32to37 on the highway 21 would have my wallet in tears.

Post Thanks / Like

My Mountaineer only get 19mpg best case so it would be an improvement for me not to mention that the vast majority of the miles I put on my vehicle (80-90%) are company miles and the company I work for pays the gas for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a chevy man, but Id buy a ford. Chevy is a govt owned vehicle.... My next will be ford
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Boo where's the dislike button russell
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Owned a pre-Obama Tahoe for a while. It was an excellent vehicle. I also drove GM products for 52 years. Still own a Chevy Impala. When it comes trading time it will be gone.

I will not own another Obamalet....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to have a 58 Impala Don. They sure don't make them like that any more.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Tap- do you usually buy new vehicles, or do you buy them 1-2 years old?

Post Thanks / Like

I would be weary of a redesign in the first year. A lot of recalls can come. You will essentially be the guinea pig for Chevy. I like to wait for about the third year of a roll out where they have a lot of the bugs worked out. But You said You are going to need a new vehicle so that limits Your timing. I saw where it has a new engine? I would be real weary of that. They had a good motor to start with. Thats the only problem with engineers. They love changing things. I am a Dodge man and a Durango would be My choice but the fuel mileage on them are questionable. A Tahoe would be Your best bet for that. My Mom had a Tahoe a few years ago and it was a very nice vehicle. My Wife would like to have one.

Tap, If You could go the truck route, I would recommend a ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel. We Have 4 on the farm. One has 500,000 miles and is still working good. The motors will outlast the vehicle. The new automatic transmissions are 8 speeds and You can put a chip on it to get 24 or 25 miles to the gallon.

they are also coming out with a diesel in 2014 for the 1500. It is a fiat diesel 3.0. The HP is not all that great but will have a towing capacity of 9500 pounds. The HP will be around 250 which was the same as the old 94 we have with the 5.9 and it was not a racer but would pull hell apart and got excellent mileage. I don't know the MPG of the new motor but I know they are shooting for High MPGs using the little diesel.

If I was doing a lot of Highway driving, I would go with a diesel set up. I figure You have to go with the SUV format with Your type work though.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    Tap- do you usually buy new vehicles, or do you buy them 1-2 years old?
    Since I haven't owned many vehicles I can easily answer that. First vehicle was a 1978 AMC Concord which had 53,000 miles on it when I bought it. Put another 50,000 on it and sold it. Had a company vehicle for a bit then I bought a brand new 1989 Chevy Blazer. I put 311,000 miles on it and sold it for $1,000. Then I bought a 1996 Ford Explorer which had somewhere around 30,000 miles on it. Took it's odometer up to 254,000 and gave it to my dad. I then bought a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer which had around $29,000 miles on it. Still driving it and it now has over 217,000. So the Blazer was the only new vehicle I have ever bought.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    I am a Dodge man and a Durango would be My choice but the fuel mileage on them are questionable.
    Funny you should mention that as it too is on my short list. With the V6 it gets 25mpg and with the hemi around 22. Both are an improvement over my Mountaineer which only gets 19mpg tops. Once again, the company I work for pays for business gas which is the vast majority of the gas I purchase.

As for a truck, it has no practical purpose for me. I considered it but I have no need for a bed and need the interior room for my tools and test equipment.

My manager and the president of the company I work for both drive Tahoe's. (company vehicles)

And yes, the government bail out is on my mind. Ford just doesn't have anything I am interested in. I don't like the new Explorer and they have done nothing to improve the Expedition in years.

The Nissan Armada is my other choice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast