Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Saturday?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton Saturday?

I'd love to go hit some wipers/whitebass/crappie @ Clinton. I will provide a boat (07 lowe FM165) if someone would come along and show me where they are at. Any takers? I'd be free Saturday all day if there are any takers. That or if anyone is going with their boat...... I'd be willing to split fuel/towing/etc etc costs up for the day. I can be a boater or non boater. It's been a rough year to stay on any fish pattern for me and I'd just like to go out but most of my friends have been busy lately and they can't go. I don't have great electronics on my boat, just a very simple fish finder/depth finder that came with the boat. No GPS/sonar/DI or anything. (that's the next purchase) I was trying to make a trip to Milford but my friends bailed on me and that's a new lake that I don't know my way around.

Post Thanks / Like

dester,
    I have parents weekend at Tulsa U this weekend or I would love to take you out. Its been a tough bite at Clinton for me for wipers and hit and miss but I use jigs and crankbaits and need to use shad like the guys are posting at Milford. I have never tried that but it looks like fun and maybe a more consistant pattern. I need to teach this old dog some new tricks and get out of my old ways.

zeepo

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't the duck opener...

Post Thanks / Like

Hm. I think there's a crappie tournament at Clinton this weekend? Wonder how crowded the lake will be. I looked up the forecast and it looks windy also. Zeepo. If you want to go another time just message me whenever. I am not afraid to go when its cold. I bought cold weather gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dester223 View Post
    Hm. I think there's a crappie tournament at Clinton this weekend? Wonder how crowded the lake will be. I looked up the forecast and it looks windy also. Zeepo. If you want to go another time just message me whenever. I am not afraid to go when its cold. I bought cold weather gear.
    I'm looking where to go as well and just checked the National Weather Service Forecast for Clinton Lake it is is 10 mph out of the NW, not to bad for this time of year. I don't even bother with any of the other weather sites, their accuracy does not compare to National weather service imo.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat takes wind and waves fine. I think I am still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Dester, you have a PM about Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, Sent you a text. So far I'm 50/50 about going or not. Looks like if I go I will be going by myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Captn Dan sent me a message and I'll be meeting him to hopefully catch some fish tomorrow morning. Thanks for the invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Spent the day hanging out on the water with Captain Dan. really nice guy. We went trolling for a couple hours and it produced 2 whites and 1 small wiper. Went to the crappie weigh in at 3:30 and it looked like it was a tough day for some teams. Big fish was 1.70. Finally went back to the docks and caught a couple whites and 3 keeper crappie. One 12 to 13" and 2 10". Was a windy day to be on the water with some white caps. Thanks for the fishing trip Dan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast