Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&M West Point Wally Marshall or Pinicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M West Point Wally Marshall or Pinicle?

This will be my first year spider rigging and was wondering which rod was best to start out with? I am not wanting to spend a lot of money so I have narrowed it down to either the B&M West Point, Wally Marshall Slab Stalker or the Pinicle's from Grizzly Jig? My only concern on the pinicle is that it is going to be to stiff. I am looking at all 12 footers. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the ones you mentioned are bottom dollar crappie rods, none outshines the other. They are all big, heavy, and feel cheap. If you have never used a quality rod they will be fine for you, just dont pick up a decent rod or you will be ruined......
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BNM BGJP is what I would go with
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Get the Pinacles, at 15 bucks each they cant be beat and they aren't stiff at all. Good luck.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

High Tech Firecast rods rival some of the top name trolling rods and they are only around 30 bucks. But I agree, if you are just getting started and want to go cheap, get the Pinnacles. You can always keep them as spares if you decide to upgrade later. FYI, you don't have to worry about them being to stiff. They are actually pretty whippy.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i just saw that the pinnacles were medium action so i was just wondering will the pinnacles take a baitcaster or just spinning? Also how strong are they?

Post Thanks / Like

i have some pinnacles in 10ft and 12ft,cant beat them for the price.i have spiderrigged and pulled cranks with them and never had any trouble out of them.they are a little heaverier than i like,wouldnt want to single pole with them.the ones i have have spinning real guides,but i have used closed face and baitcasters on them without a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Used baitcasters on my Pinacles all the time. If you like spider rigging just keep you eyes open in the classifieds and you'll find some rods to upgrade to if you want, just picked up 6 brand new 16 foot BGJPs for 200 bucks. This don't have to be killer expensive.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bigorange84;2477908]Thanks i just saw that the pinnacles were medium action so i was just wondering will the pinnacles take a baitcaster or just spinning? Also how strong are they?[/QUOTE

Very strong, I landed a 30# cat on a 12fter once, took a while but it did it.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

the most expensive thing is to double spend on fishing items . that being said Rees is spot on . the bgjp are more costly I think . When I started I used cane poles to troll with . Carolina rig two poles at 12 ft. and two at 10 ft. . fish Enid and see what happens . Just about every rod that can be used will cross the classified section often . Also you can sell there when you upgrade . Just sold two sets myself and looking to buy a sat of c/c from B/M .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast