Thread: Grilled Dove

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grilled Dove

40 dove breast
    2# bacon
    Trappys sliced jalepenos
    1 box toothpicks
    1-12 pack of BEER

Take 40 cleaned dove breast split each side of the breast next to the bone and insert a sliced jalepeno on either side ( I put 2 on each side of mine) wrap with a piece of bacon and run the toothpick thru the side of the breast until it pops out the other side. Now the grill is nice and hot put them babies on there until bacon is screamin your name. Pop a cold one and Enjoy it with your friends.

Last edited by John Wester; 01-22-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

John....you and I are on the same page when it comes to Doves. Although I have not tried those with the sliced jalapeno (I will soon), I season them with alpine touch. With some "COLD beer" and some good friends, It doesn't get any better.

rangerboy Guest

How Do U Post A Thread So Others Can Read It

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same thing with the doves except I get a cheap deep roasting aluminium pan and fill it full of Italian dressing. I fill it up so it just covers the birds.

Put that pan over the heat/grill and soon those birds will start to boil/bubble/cook in that zesty italion dressing. Cook em like that until they look pretty done and then transfer them to the grill for the last 5 minutes to cook and seal in the juices.

The Italian dressing gives it some zing with the bacon and peno.
    -Arnie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerboy
    How Do U Post A Thread So Others Can Read It
    You just did.Welcome aboard.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DHanis_Dude
    I do the same thing with the doves except I get a cheap deep roasting aluminium pan and fill it full of Italian dressing. I fill it up so it just covers the birds.

Put that pan over the heat/grill and soon those birds will start to boil/bubble/cook in that zesty italion dressing. Cook em like that until they look pretty done and then transfer them to the grill for the last 5 minutes to cook and seal in the juices.

The Italian dressing gives it some zing with the bacon and peno.
    I will also give this zesty italian dressing a try. All of my doves are grilled wrapped in beacon.

also Wecome rangerboy

Post Thanks / Like

If i'm not cooking 'em that evening, I marinade the breast in the Zesty Italian overnight. Then wrap in bacon and yum yum. Do pieces of mallard breast the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another version.Fillet the breast from the bone marinade over night in the italian dressing buy a can of whole chestnuts.wrap the breast and bacon around the chestnut toothpic and grill.Just doesn't get much better than dove or goose or duck this way.:D when done just pop whole thing in your mouth and enjoy.I even bag up the left overs and enjoy them in the field or boat.

Post Thanks / Like

John Wester I don't know who that is pointing that gun a the person taking the pic but if I was the guy taking the pic me and that guy would have real problem. I hope know kid ever gets a look at that pic.

But your recipe sounds very tasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Default terriaki dove

Hey all,

I like to maranade my dove fillets in terriaki overnight. Then, wrap them in bacon, place about 6-8 on a bamboo squewer, and sprinkle fresh ground peppercorns over everything. Cook on grill of course. Last but not least, Try not to make yourself sick on these babies

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast