Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric chicken color?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric chicken color?

Hey guys I joined on here back in August but have not posted anything yet. I have been reading it thought. So my question is, is electric chicken any good and why is it good? What do crappie see compared to other colors? What is the difference between bright colors and natural colors? I am used to bass fishing, so I pay attention to every detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Like many colors, it depends on so many factors. I have found it to be a great color at KY Lake.
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elec Chicken is hot

Electric Chicken is one of the best fall colors here on Truman Lake...........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

That Fish didn't know who he was messin' with!!!!!
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that the color combo changes from one angler to the next. The original was a FL Green head, pink body and a FL Yellow tail, if I remember right. Lately I believe it's anything close to that and no one complains, we all get the idea that we need to use something bright enough for Stevie Wonder to be able to see it. They have worked well for me at times, definitely one to have in your "Bag of Tricks".
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of my three go-to colors, but that doesn't really mean much. The biggest thing is to find combinations you're confident in. Those are the colors you'll fish the most and as a result, catch the most fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carl3of5 View Post
    It's one of my three go-to colors, but that doesn't really mean much. The biggest thing is to find combinations you're confident in. Those are the colors you'll fish the most and as a result, catch the most fish.
    That is a true fact & you will fish your "Go-To" colors with more confidence. But I've found that at times my usual "Go-To" colors do not produce. I will start going thru my tackle & find a color that the fish cannot resist!
    I'm a converted bass fisherman & besides the fact that I can't stand & cast anymore due to a back injury, the challenge is the #2 reason I now target crappie. With bass fishing, once you figure out the pattern, it's just a repeat process. Not true with crappie. They can can their preferences in a heartbeat.
    www.thermoclinelures.com

Quality Handmade Fishing Lures - "Helping YOU Catch MORE & LARGER Fish"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you why the color combo works but it doe's.
    The chicken is my go to when things get slow. I never run out of the electric chicken.
    If things get slow and I catch one with the chicken I sand up and crow. My brother about falls out of the boat laughing at me. But HEY it always fun.

Post Thanks / Like

LOts of thing go into what color works best like clarity which I think is really important. Example in Spring early on Toledo Bend Chartreuse/Blue/Chartreuse is great, but once I can see my jig down say 3' or more then a SIlver/Silver/Blue will be better. The Chart/Blue/Chart doesn't stop working, just not as good as the other. There is a time and place for most colors to be the best that day. Maybe even if the sun is out or if it's cloudy can make a big difference. I use Roadrunners in Spring and even blade color can make a difference.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes Crappieandcars LIKED above post