Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin long lining

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin long lining

Any logan martin long liners out there. Was just wondering when you can start catching them effectively long lining on logan martin. Last year my first day out was jan 23rd and they were in the coves and flats already and biting good.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that question (grin) unless the Logan Martin long liners arent as tight lipped as the Big G ones are !!!! Been trying to figure out not as much as when but where to pull in the Fall, my bud and i figured a lot out the last year and pretty confident for what to do from Jan till the end of sept but now with the temp change and movement of the bait we aint doing no better than we did last year when we started ,so Fall seems to be the toughest for us. We did manage 9 mostly dinks last weekend on the big G in 12 ft of water .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what you mean by "effectively", but I start catching them in mid October until mid November when I put my boat up. Yes I long line.

Post Thanks / Like

i mean more than a couple scattered about. You long line in the main river or coves and flats in oct and nov

Post Thanks / Like

Coves and flats. Water 15 feet deep and less. Usually around 8 feet is good.

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks. tried pullling cranks last week and caught 0 crappie and a gazillion bass. was fun though.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont put your boat up if you can stand the cold. I didnt start long lining until mid jan last year and had a freezer full by the end of feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jem270 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "effectively", but I start catching them in mid October until mid November when I put my boat up. Yes I long line.