Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lay Lake Saturday morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lay Lake Saturday morning

I had a great morning (by my standards) on Lay Lake this past Saturday morning catching 21 "nice ones", 3 were 2 pounders. I got there about 8am, and fished one of my old "holes" and the Crappie were there and hungry. They are definitely moving around a lot, because we caught some shallow around 3-4 feet, and caught some in 10-12 feet of water. It was like they would move back and forth during the morning. We quite fishing around 11 to come home watch some great football games.
    We fished white and pearl swimming jig bodies on 1/8 oz jig heads, just reeling them back to the boat very slow. I think the key to the spot is that it's close to a creek channel with wood on it.... the fact that they pulled water might have helped too.

Post Thanks / Like

great morning. thanks for info gonna give them a try on logan martin next week. was bass fishing yesterday and saw a few folks crappie fishing around docks. didnt see them catch anything though.

Post Thanks / Like

Was the water down on Lay ?
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, at least a couple of feet or more. I think for their yearly drawdown for people to work on their piers.