Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for spots to fish from the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for spots to fish from the bank.

I live in Saint Cloud. My son and I have fished past 2 weekends and caught 1 crappie. I threw the tackle box at them even minnows. The problem I feel is we are stuck on the bank. Is there anywhere in Kissimmee or Orlando that we can fish from the bank? I have fished all the canals and locks that we can fish. The 1 crappie I caught was a beautiful fish made my mouth water. So now I have this fever burning inside of my stomach. Maybe it is not time for them. Where I caught that 1 he must have been a loner because I threw another minnow out and nothing. So I jigged every color I had and nothing. Might make a trip to the Big O and fish off there docks . Has anyone fished ther docks? Just didnt want to travel so far. Where are these little tastebud tinglers at?

Post Thanks / Like

I DON'T KNOW THE AREA BUT YA MIGHT BE ABLE TO RENT A BOAT SOMEWHERE.
    I KNOW AROUND HERE SOME PLACES RENT A BOAT FOR $40-65 FOR WHOLE DAY.
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

I havent seen boats that cheap lately. Nobody wants to rent them anymore because of the liability, i guess.

Hontoon Island will rent you a nice boat for $95 for the day.

I have used canoes, but they are so damn unstable. A gheenoe would be better.

It is really tough to fish fresh water from the bank unless you wade, and that is scary. Saltwater is much easier to fish from the shore.

I think all you need is a basic jon boat to get you away from the shore. It doesn't have to get you far, often less than 100 yards. Maybe something powered by a trolling motor.

Send me a PM and maybe we could set something up for Monroe sometime.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes as we speak I am putting back some money for a jon boat. Fishing from the shore in florida really does stink. My son thinks im crazy for wanting a jon boat. He thinks he is gonna tip over. I dont have a problem with it. I just want to get off the shore. Ranger88 thank you for the offer very very kind of you.