Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a few on neely

Post Thanks / Like

Default a few on neely

the last few weekends I have landed a few nice ones off my pier most were short 9 and under but the 10 and over are in the frezzer water tenp is 74 and clear as neely can get with little rain caught most on blue black and char in my trees in 7 to 9 foot fishing about 5 foot with a cork good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been catching a few on piers but they have been dinks (9" or less) I can't find good quality yet..Using blue with white hair Jiffy jigs mostly. What part of the river for you?

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished last Saturday & only caught 12 but most were good keepers, over 10 inches. Caught them spider rigging mostly on the river channel.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Neely on Tuesday.and brought home 16 shooting piers.I want to learn how to spider rig this fall.any help?

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

To learn to spider rig the first thing is to learn how to set up the boat with rod holders and long rods and things like that. If you know someone who does it you could ask them questions or fish with them and learn from that. If that is not an option you should attend a tournament in your area and talk to the folks there and get some ideas and look at the different ways they have their boats set up. My wife and I are willing to share info on this with other folks even if some of the other tournament folks will not. We will not share fishing holes or a few of the secret little things we do but will be happy to start you in the right direction. The Coosa River Crappie Club will have its next tournament on Weiss Lake on Nov. 2nd. and our end of the year classic on Neely Henry on Nov. 16th. You could go to the lake and fish that day and observe the people fishing and attend the weigh in and talk to them and see their boats and ask questions. The basics are the same for everyone but everyone has their boats set up a little different to suit their own likes. Starting out with good equipment is better than trying to start off with cheap stuff and having to upgrade later or having a bad experience with the cheap stuff and giving up. One of our club members builds some of the best rod holders on the market and will be glad to help you with that if needed. Hope this helps a little. PM me and I can provide you with a phone number where you can call me and I will be happy to talk to you.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us