Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatboy, buy a Microphone!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy, buy a Microphone!

If you do not already have a mike, get one. Get a cheap stand mike at Radio Shack for 5-10 bucks. You dont need a fancy headset type. I don't like giving my fishing money to Ma Bell. I am afraid to call Moose. Hell, I would have to mortgage my house. Working on voip.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry-Southern Indiana

I know what ya mean cane pole. Everytime I've talked to Moose I've got to work the next saturday just to pay for it. :D :D

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    If you do not already have a mike, get one. Get a cheap stand mike at Radio Shack for 5-10 bucks. You dont need a fancy headset type. I don't like giving my fishing money to Ma Bell. I am afraid to call Moose. Hell, I would have to mortgage my house. Working on voip.

Post Thanks / Like

OK you guys!!!

Hey if you would all get a cheap headset/boom microphone we could all use TeamSpeak and talk for free all day and or all night. Whatever you like.

I am going to check into the team Speak program over the next few days and see if I can get it going.

Cane Pole: Those mics that stand on the desktop are ok as long as you stay the same distance from them. If you move an inch away the mic's are going to give our problems. Well you won't see the problem but everyone that is trying to hear what you are saying on the VOIP will be saying "What the hell did he say" or they will say "Hey Cane Pole can you back away from the Microphone" or Hey Cane Pole can you get a bit closer to the microphone"

Trust me on this one. After being in a squad of 15 guys and using VOIP for over 4 years straight I know just what it's like to try to set the micrphone up.

One of the major keys to good sound using VOIP programs is the placment of the microphone. I used a mic that was built into my HP's monitor and every time I would move in my chair my squad mates started bitching that they could not hear me of that I was getting too loud. So I finally invested in a cheap ($20) Labtech Headset/boom mic with noise cancelling capabilities and that solved the problem. As for me talking too much well they could not solve that probem as easily

But with Teamspeak you can set up multiple channels and have one main channel for everyone to be on and then set up a side channel for just some people and then other side channels for other people. And the codex is selectable too.

Many people don't know how to set up their microphone's in Windows. There is a special procedure that I go though to make sure that the mic recording volume is just perfect. If you set the recording volume too low you can't be heard by everyone else and if you set it too high your speech is inaudiable to the others.

It pays to have good sound quality also. If you right click on the little speaker ion in the task bar you can find the sound recording properties of your sound card. The audio properties that is. Check that out sometime. You don't have to have a mic to check that area of windows out.

Cane Pole did you get the emails that I sent to you with the URL or links to team speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    I know what ya mean cane pole. Everytime I've talked to Moose I've got to work the next saturday just to pay for it. :D :D

Larry
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    OK you guys!!!

Hey if you would all get a cheap headset/boom microphone we could all use TeamSpeak and talk for free all day and or all night. Whatever you like.

I am going to check into the team Speak program over the next few days and see if I can get it going.

Cane Pole: Those mics that stand on the desktop are ok as long as you stay the same distance from them. If you move an inch away the mic's are going to give our problems. Well you won't see the problem but everyone that is trying to hear what you are saying on the VOIP will be saying "What the hell did he say" or they will say "Hey Cane Pole can you back away from the Microphone" or Hey Cane Pole can you get a bit closer to the microphone"

Trust me on this one. After being in a squad of 15 guys and using VOIP for over 4 years straight I know just what it's like to try to set the micrphone up.

One of the major keys to good sound using VOIP programs is the placment of the microphone. I used a mic that was built into my HP's monitor and every time I would move in my chair my squad mates started bitching that they could not hear me of that I was getting too loud. So I finally invested in a cheap ($20) Labtech Headset/boom mic with noise cancelling capabilities and that solved the problem. As for me talking too much well they could not solve that probem as easily

But with Teamspeak you can set up multiple channels and have one main channel for everyone to be on and then set up a side channel for just some people and then other side channels for other people. And the codex is selectable too.

Many people don't know how to set up their microphone's in Windows. There is a special procedure that I go though to make sure that the mic recording volume is just perfect. If you set the recording volume too low you can't be heard by everyone else and if you set it too high your speech is inaudiable to the others.

It pays to have good sound quality also. If you right click on the little speaker ion in the task bar you can find the sound recording properties of your sound card. The audio properties that is. Check that out sometime. You don't have to have a mic to check that area of windows out.

Cane Pole did you get the emails that I sent to you with the URL or links to team speak?
    I know this about the mics Moose. I understand about feedback,gain,decibels,echo return loss, singing return, etc. I just try to keep things simple.

Nope on the Emails.

We will get something going sooner or later. rw

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I suggested a boom mic that is attached to the headset is that the mic is at a fixed distance of about 1" from the side of the mouth. That way you don't have to yell or talk real loud to get the mic to work.

I am posting this not just for your edification but for all those that may want to try this VOIP out. They may not understand why it's important to have a good mic and to set up the recorder properly. A lot of the newer VOIP programs let you adjust the microphone's recording volume as you set up the VOIP program which makes it easier these days. In the old days we had to do that manually and lots of people had difficulity doing it on the computer.

Didn't mean to sound like I was lecturing you on mics etc. I should have known you knew all about that suff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I know this about the mics Moose. I understand about feedback,gain,decibels,echo return loss, singing return, etc. I just try to keep things simple.

Nope on the Emails.

We will get something going sooner or later. rw
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

edification?

Had to go look that one up! :0)
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    edification?

Had to go look that one up! :0)
    good word!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cane Pole:

You're an Edificator aren't you?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Moose has been in the Zimas again. Good talking to you yesterday Jerry. It made Dylans day. You sure can put a smile on that youngins face. Canepole, i have a mic, it is built into my monitor. All i have to do is plug the jack into the tower and i'm good to go. If I ever go on a tangent about Wal-Mart again, slap me upside the head because that stirred up a serious s**tstorm.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey who stole all my Zimas?

Hey Johathon. There is an article in my local news paper about the new Super-Wal-mart that is about to open on the west side of town.

I will give you the link here an let you go read the article. I think you will be pleased with the outcome.

http://www.courierpress.com/ecp/loca...397361,00.html

You may have to register to read this if so just use a fake name and a hotmail addy. I never give these guys my real name or real email address. That would lead to unwanted spam on my computer and to unwanted ads in my mail box. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Looks like Moose has been in the Zimas again. Good talking to you yesterday Jerry. It made Dylans day. You sure can put a smile on that youngins face. Canepole, i have a mic, it is built into my monitor. All i have to do is plug the jack into the tower and i'm good to go. If I ever go on a tangent about Wal-Mart again, slap me upside the head because that stirred up a serious s**tstorm.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast