Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles

I have a Bait Pump ordered & hope to try it out for the first time this weekend. I have noticed different colors of crappie nibbles. Are they different scents or what?

What color does everyone here prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbles

I assume the difference in color acts as attractant when you use a single one to tip a jig. When you run them through the bait pump they come out mostly white after being compressed. I have not noticed any difference in the bite with different colors. Bait Pump works great. I use Midsouth Tackle Super Jigs. They are a good sized tube.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles

I've had real good luck using them. Really don't know if it's the color of the nibble are the scent that attracts the fish.

I've got a question that maybe some of you PRO can answer.

I"m new to crappie fishing so this might seen like a stupid question. Went for a walk this morning on Cooper Lake(North East Texas). The lake is down about 17ft. and all the boat ramps are closed. Just wondering if Crappie go back into the creeks in the fall were they spawn in spring ? Found some 6ft to 8ft drop off's on the edges of the creeks that I thought they might hold some fish. Thought about going back in the morning and bouncing a jig or two. Just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

I use crappie nibblets all the time i do see a difference in the color u use and the water clarity u are fishing the chart,and pink are real good in dingy to dirty water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color

I was not very clear in my earlier post. I meant after they had been run through the Bait Pump I didn't think color made a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the scents are the same........(stinky) ....... ......I use the chartreuse color the most.........The glow pink and the silver sparkles are the others I tried....I wouldn't get the sparkles unless you don't mind gettin glitter all over the place...........What a mess......:o .......Don't use the Pump because I personally don't use tubes.........I mainly use minnows tipped with a chartreuse nibble...........But over all I think the minnow alone gets the job done...................with chartruse line or red line and never a gold hook...........red or bronze hook........From my experience and thats not saying much..............:D

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the sparkle nibbles clog up the bait pump? Cant stand all that glitter all over the boat and myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Will the sparkle nibbles clog up the bait pump? Cant stand all that glitter all over the boat and myself.
    Good question....Also how many crappie bites does it take to fill up a jig? Or better yet do you have to fill the jig completely full?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbles

The sparkle nibbles will not plug up the bait pump. I keep the pump in a small Hefty easy grip slide lock bag. I fish almost every day(5 or 6 hrs) and have used one jar in a month. Hold the pump with the nipple up and put your tube on over it. Turn the pump and fill the tube 2/3 full. You can see the tube expand. Turn the pump backwards to release the pressure before you remove the tube. If you do not you will waste some product. I use my thumb and push the tube off to the side when I remove the pump. A fill will last quite awhile. Don't refill unless the bite stops or slows down. I use a 2 inch tube. I tried smaller ones but the 2 inch works best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnows

i heard someone say you could actually put a minnow in the bait pump and eject it into the tube, i was going to try it but did not want to glog it up, has anyone tried using this live sent method?
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast