Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2011 Tracker 175 Crappie. Fitting 3 Batteries.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Tracker 175 Crappie. Fitting 3 Batteries.

Ok guys, need some help. Have a friend that has a 2011 Tracker 175 Crappie model. Wants to go to a Terrova 24. Looking at battery compartment looks almost impossible to put 3 batteries in there. Is it possible? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cray, I copied this into the forum more folks would see it.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

cray, went to bass pro site and 24 volt isnt even an option on the 2013 , so justa guess that it is going to be hard to do.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, that's what I was thinking. There is a option if he wants to take this route. There is a storage compartment in front deck just in front of front live well. Appears you could install 2 in there and still have plenty of storage. Just talking him into it is the problem. Some yahoo at BPS told him it was hard in the rear but possible. I can't figure how because of tank placement and the transom supports. But figured if it could be done someone on here had done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the particular setup for the 2011 tracker 175, but I had a 2011 Pro165, in which I had four (4) batteries in the battery/gas tank compartment.
    I removed the starter battery, then placed an interstate trolling battery, which was placed at the starboard side of the compartment, next went in two batteries, one which was used for the trolling motor ( I was using a 12 Volt motor and a switch to change batteries) Next battery was a extra for accessories (night lites for after dark fishing) then the starting battery was installed in it's proper place.
    YES things was tight, but it all fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Fly aster, only problem is on the crappie model compartment opening just about big enough to stick your hand in and the tank is all the way to starboard side. Just barley room for the trolling battery and a starting battery. Then there is a transom support knee right square in the middle of what opening you have for batteries. Don't know what they were thinking when they designed the compartment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Fly aster, only problem is on the crappie model compartment opening just about big enough to stick your hand in and the tank is all the way to starboard side. Just barley room for the trolling battery and a starting battery. Then there is a transom support knee right square in the middle of what opening you have for batteries. Don't know what they were thinking when they designed the compartment.
    Just looked at a new boat like it no way to get 3 batteries in there. I didnt look up front to see if it would hold 2 batteries but I wouldnt want to give up the space as there isnt much storage on there now from what I saw. or I have way to much stuff in my boat now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    Just looked at a new boat like it no way to get 3 batteries in there. I didnt look up front to see if it would hold 2 batteries but I wouldnt want to give up the space as there isnt much storage on there now from what I saw. or I have way to much stuff in my boat now.
    I looked in my friends boat. The compartment in front of the live well appears to have enough room to put 2 batteries in and move them back toward the live well under the deck with room to install a charger. It would still leave quite a bit of room right under the lid for storage. He didn't seem to care for the idea much but it appears you can remove that section of deck with no problems. Then you could mount battery trays and space them right. I would mount them toward the edge of opening where you could pull them forward and be able to check water level without removing deck again. It appears you could run wiring around edge of compartment then through forward bulkhead with a rubber grommet straight to trolling motor plug. Heavy wire and short run. Also that would give you some extra weight in the front to hold bow down when spider rigging in the wind.