Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for someone to make tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for someone to make tubes

I'm looking for anyone who can make me a 3" tube with a 1/4" OD (or even slightly smaller). Smallest ones I've been able to find are 3/8".

Here is the color I'm looking for:
    Name:  139830d1382136463-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00469.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  68.1 KB

Here is the diameter:
    Name:  139832d1382136609-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00472.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  63.0 KB

Here are some I tried to make but the plastic was not deep enough in the can, and I guess it got a bit too hot. I used an 1/8" rod. Ones on left were single dip and right are double. I'm guessing if I had enough time I could get the right set up, but don't really want to get into another hobby as most of the baits I use are available, I just can't find this animal anywhere.
    Name:  139831d1382136530-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00470.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  100.7 KB

Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDCrappie View Post
    I'm looking for anyone who can make me a 3" tube with a 1/4" OD (or even slightly smaller). Smallest ones I've been able to find are 3/8".

Here is the color I'm looking for:
    Name:  139830d1382136463-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00469.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  68.1 KB

Here is the diameter:
    Name:  139832d1382136609-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00472.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  63.0 KB

Here are some I tried to make but the plastic was not deep enough in the can, and I guess it got a bit too hot. I used an 1/8" rod. Ones on left were single dip and right are double. I'm guessing if I had enough time I could get the right set up, but don't really want to get into another hobby as most of the baits I use are available, I just can't find this animal anywhere.
    Name:  139831d1382136530-wtb-3-skinny-tubes-chartreuse-img-20131018-00470.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  100.7 KB

Anybody?
    try posting on the soft plastic board...

DIY Soft Plastics

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Tubes has 2 3/4
    Original Gitzits couple different 3" varieties

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Plastic Tubes has 2 3/4
    Original Gitzits couple different 3" varieties
    Thanks? I didn't use Gitzit in my search. I have emailed the company as they look close. I also checked the other lead you sent me but he advised he could not help me out.
    I had seen the drycreek one's but they don't have the color, their watermelon was the closest.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent a copy of this request to Snake River in DIY Plastics. He will be able to do this for you. Follow up soon by shooting him a PM yourself. I know he is in China and may have missed the post but he should be back very soon.

It is bait #63.

The color chart is on this page.
    http://www.bobsjigs.com/about.html
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I sent a copy of this request to Snake River in DIY Plastics. He will be able to do this for you. Follow up soon by shooting him a PM yourself. I know he is in China and may have missed the post but he should be back very soon.

It is bait #63.

The color chart is on this page.
    About Us
    Thanks - I had heard he was away. Will contact him when I see him on the board. The people at Canyon Plastics are sending me some samples of their "finesse" gitzits and I think they may just work.

Post Thanks / Like

Mid-South makes a 3" tube they call their 1/8th ounce tube. You have to call them to order them they are not in their catalog
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogster1 View Post
    Mid-South makes a 3" tube they call their 1/8th ounce tube. You have to call them to order them they are not in their catalog
    Thanks - I'll give them a call.

ALso the tubes that Canyon Plastic makes are what I am looking for. 1/4" diameter as I was told. Going to order some of those, but will also check into the midsouth to see how they compare.

Thanks Again