Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not happy with Navionics

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Not happy with Navionics

Got a new fishfinder recently so I figured it was time to update my chart software. Had been using Navionics Hotmaps premium east 2008 version. Ordered a new Hotmaps Premium east online and got it yesterday. Put it in the 898 expecting to see all kinds of new features and data on the two lakes that I fish.

Not only did it not have any new features, all of the old features are gone too! The 08 hotmaps shows underwater roadbeds, bridges, foundations, etc. The new disk has none of that, and these are supposed to be so called "HD" lakes! Considering the cost of this thing, disappointed to say the least. Anyone else experience this?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Hotmaps Premium South Edition (bought 2011) and all the HD lakes have the details such as flooded timber, road beds, ruins, etc. Did you update the charts on your new card?
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

My Hotmaps premium Southeast has all those features (roadbeds, culverts, etc.) as well as 1' contours on Toledo Bend where I like to fish the best. No problems here. Did you update it after you got it?
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

want to sell the old one? Need a extra for my front unit. Do you check that the settings on your electronics?

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAB View Post
    Got a new fishfinder recently so I figured it was time to update my chart software. Had been using Navionics Hotmaps premium east 2008 version. Ordered a new Hotmaps Premium east online and got it yesterday. Put it in the 898 expecting to see all kinds of new features and data on the two lakes that I fish.

Not only did it not have any new features, all of the old features are gone too! The 08 hotmaps shows underwater roadbeds, bridges, foundations, etc. The new disk has none of that, and these are supposed to be so called "HD" lakes! Considering the cost of this thing, disappointed to say the least. Anyone else experience this?
    You are not the 1st I've heard with this complaint...

Progress..??

I guess that's in whom one talks to...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    want to sell the old one? Need a extra for my front unit. Do you check that the settings on your electronics?
    No, that's my plan for it too

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I updated it. Didn't do any good. I'm going to try calling them today

Post Thanks / Like

Navionics removed the FHS data from their charts as they received as many complaints about inaccuracy of the data as they received positive feedback. Navionics made the decision to remove it all in 2009 and then replace back in their own survey data as they gather it. This way they know the data is good and they can verify themselves or get more recent data. Only so long one can use data gathered from XX years ago. This particular lake in question they obviously did not get new data for. If you send Navionics a note about what lake it is, they are happy to add it to the list of lakes to improve with Freshest data. Here are a couple examples of other lakes.

Have you checked out SonarCharts? You need to have Nav+ or Platinum to use take advantage of SonarCharts because Premium chip is limited in the ammount of data it can hold. But with Hummnbird you can logsonar and make a SonarCharts layer available on Nav+ and Hotmaps Platinum. Nav Updates is a inexpensive way to get into Nav+
    SonarCharts info below
    SonarCharts
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

That explains it. Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

That explains it. Thanks for the reply!
    Your welcome, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. If you want to get into a new chip look at the Navionics Updates this will give you Nav+, SonarCharts, Freshest Data, Nautical Charts and the ability to log sonar and improve cartography.