Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bridges

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridges

Wondering when the fall bite starts and stops under the bridges on Guntersville? Also is it best at night? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the 72 bridge and the 79 bridge with no crappie and no bait fish were present. Tried jigs and minnows any were from 2 feet to 16 feet nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

From the number of cars seen the last 2 weeks from comer bridge near scottsboro to spring creek bridge and browns creek id say it starts in October. Most bridges have from 4 to 12 cars right now in the early morns but cleared out by 8am .In the evening few cars seen in the late afternoon with nomore than 1 to 3 seen so must be a morning thing ☻.

Post Thanks / Like

update: one of my work buddies that is a professional bridge fisher (grin)says its a time thing from right at day break for about 45 min then they are gone by 645 to 7am

Post Thanks / Like

Were to they go lol? 45 minutes is not much of a window to catch fish, last year it this time I was catching crappie but the bait fish were present.

Post Thanks / Like

The following is just my guess HAHA based on the minnow activity i have observed when fishing at this time.They are following the minnows ,they have learned that the shad minnow schools travel thru the bridges to where ever they stay during the day vs the night .Once all the minnows have gone from the bridges they follow them im sure to where they are suspended over the creeks and such during the day.A few schools do hang around the concrete to pick off the bridge minnows but the main bulk stay with the traveling schools of minnows.SO those longliners and spider riggers that seem to know where these minnows are will still catch them .While the Bridge guys catch a straggler here and there after the morning run.

Post Thanks / Like

that makes sense! Thanks guys! I just got a motor for my boat that was a remote steer and I'm attempting to rig it up as a tiller steer without having to buy a tiller arm. Have already rigged up an arm to steer and trying to get the throttle figured out using a bicycle brake lever as the throttle lever. Going to try to put the water hose on it tomorrow and see what I have going on. Need a fish finder next so will be fishing blind until then. Thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I have been striking out also. Even trolled & nutin!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew where the minnows and crappie went after they move away from the bridges too. I have used my depthfinder and searched everywhere and can not seem to find them. I have trolled from the bridges all the way out to the river and wont find them. For the comment about the 45 minutes not being much of a window to catch them, if they are in there good I have caught them in back to back casts til I get a limit sometimes. They get so thick sometimes you will have a limit in consecutive throws. I have caught doubles on 2 jig set ups as well. However you are right if they are not in there thick 45 minutes is not enough time at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by alabamaal View Post
    Were to they go lol? 45 minutes is not much of a window to catch fish, last year it this time I was catching crappie but the bait fish were present.

Post Thanks / Like

Might try South Sauty this weekend if i can get my son up that early. Anyone tried there yet?