Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Minnow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost Minnow

While doing some night stalking on ky. lake this last weekend, I baited up a pole and lowered it over the side then poured me a big cup of coffee and settled in for the wait. After about 15 minutes I happened to think of another pole I had in the boat with me and thought I'd bait it up to, so I got a big minnow out of the bucket and about the time I started to put it on the hook my other pole had a hit, so I threw the minnow down and grabbed the pole and reeled in an 11 inch crappie. I put him in the livewell and started looking for the lost minnow in the bottom of the boat but it wasn't anywhere in sight, so i grabbed some fresh minnows out of the bucket and went back to fishing. Well, after about 10 minutes I started getting a little hungry and the coffee had cooled enough to drink so I ate a snack cake and finished off most of the coffee when low and behold in the bottom of my cup was the lost minnow!!!! Now , I shined my light in the cup when I first started looking for him and thought that if he was in there he would float. Let me be the first to tell you, Minnows Don't Float In Hot Coffee!!!!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm... I guess that's a new way to eat a sardine
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

gotta watch that midnight coffee thats a good one
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

That is hilarious! Now as I remember, I would put worms in one pocket and beef jerkey in the other; and yep, sometimes I got'em mixed together... Thanks goodness were not city boys!

Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you need to call Maxwell House and let them in on your new flavor...:p LMBO

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

while trotlinning a frind was with us had a cup of coffee . he discovered he used a cup that we had cutup liver in :D
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

All you needed was a cracker and you wouldv'e been right!!!!!!!!Cute story thanks for the chuckle.......:D :p

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny. I wonder if some cool coffee might make our minnows more 'lively.' Give 'em a little caffeine buzz?
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

Now did you go ahead and use it, because if it worked you may have found a new bait scent not yet out there.:rolleyes: Thanks for the laugh.:D
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

I worked the loading docks before I started driving,one night I ran over a case of Jerky and it was gonna get tossed, so I picked up a pack and eat it.The more I chewed the bigger and tougher it got. I went back to the case it was DOGGY TREATS!

I still want to chase cars sometime!:D

Rowdy
    Last edited by Rowdy; 10-13-2006 at 09:14 PM.
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast